6 Mile Run Conditions

I can’t imagine anyone would think Six Mile is even worth trying right now. If you’re new to biking I get it. But anyone who’s been around more than a minute should know it’s not gonna be great right now.
It’s basically fucked now till spring.

When it freezes solid, every inch of the trails have these gross ruts frozen like concrete.

2AA54C85-0E78-4A8A-8FBB-6EF889630B6C.jpeg

Fingers crossed that not too much damage is being done by all this rain, that goes for all our trail systems. I couldn't believe how high all the rivers and run off basins were this morning in Rockaway and Boonton. Had huge water falls coming down from Wildcat Ridge too.

If its any consultation on how wet it is, SMR was closed From Hilltop to Jacques because of flooding. That means the new bridge they put in a few summers ago, is completely under water. Its been a few bigger storms since this has last happened.

1702910814717.png

Need to put back up the Too Muddy signs and hit it when its below 32 for 3 days plus

Just heard from the park. They have made the decision to close the park to preserve the condition of the single track trails.
I saw caution tape up at the S. Middlebush Rd red trail crossing yesterday on my drive home. I think that was the first time I've ever seen that.

The freeze is coming by the 20th this place should finally be rideable again. I wonder if the concrete bridge is still there after the storms last night?
1704929832531.png

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions