6 Mile Run Conditions

Should we only ride when it's frozen now (until the spring)?

Pretty much. Just remember that when the sun is up, even if it’s below freezing, you’ll get a lot of melt in the open areas. If it’s overcast and frozen you’re ok. But the sun can really heat things up, even if sub-freezing. Unless it’s freaking seriously cold out.

If we get a spell of many days in a row of above freezing, generally you’re good in the afternoon. But if it freezes overnight and warms up, it’s gets sloppy as hell.

It only takes one ride where you end up with 75lbs of mud caked to your bike to learn the truth of FREEZE/THAW.

Others may have photos to prove it
Don't have my own pics, but this is from an NC MTB site. As you can see, bike will likely need more than one part replaced or rebuilt
download.png

We are out digging today, and I saw a few people on the trail… Their bikes did not look muddy. I was kind of surprised.

It’s not gonna go below freezing tonight, so tomorrow could actually be very very good. Potentially the last time it will be first sometime.

Attachments

• IMG_5253.jpeg
    IMG_5253.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 108
We are out digging today, and I saw a few people on the trail… Their bikes did not look muddy. I was kind of surprised.

It’s not gonna go below freezing tonight, so tomorrow could actually be very very good. Potentially the last time it will be first sometime.

For real it’s good?

I knew it!! I was riding through massive mud puddles on the canal on the way there and bypassed 6-mile.

Reactions: SAM

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions