6 Mile Run Conditions

The trails are perfect. No puddles anywhere. A few damp spots. Otherwise great. The section just after crossing Middlebush that was new rides like its always been there. Very nice work 👏

The trails are perfect. No puddles anywhere. A few damp spots. Otherwise great. The section just after crossing Middlebush that was new rides like its always been there. Very nice work 👏
I’m pretty proud of that section… It was the first section where I started to feel comfortable running the mini excavator

Should be out digging on Sunday afternoon if anyone wants to dig

Conditions were not good at 11:30am today (11/26). Hard for me to believe conditions were any better earlier this week. The first stretch of Blue from Canal Rd was a soupy mess. The bikes I saw In the lot were covered in mud too. Turned around and decided not to add to the damage. At this point of the year unless we get a week or more straight without precipitation it seems best to stay off the trails unless they’re frozen. Did anyone see anything different in other parts of the park?

Conditions were not good at 11:30am today (11/26). Hard for me to believe conditions were any better earlier this week. The first stretch of Blue from Canal Rd was a soupy mess. The bikes I saw In the lot were covered in mud too. Turned around and decided not to add to the damage. At this point of the year unless we get a week or more straight without precipitation it seems best to stay off the trails unless they’re frozen. Did anyone see anything different in other parts of the park?
Freeze thaw is on. Don’t be fooled by lack of rain… But it is raining now too so there’s that.

We were there on Black Friday. Conditions were very good, but as mentioned it never dropped below freezing overnight.
Ask a geologist... Six mile is clay dirt, which means the soil particles are very small and drains water poorly. When it freezes overnight then warms up in the mornings/afternoons, the water has no where to go and it becomes this peanut butter layer which sticks to everything. Nasty rusts are often the result.
Glad you're bringing this up because not everyone knows about freeze thaw at 6mr. Great job on turning around and sure hope those who stayed, washed off their bikes well, cause clay mud really f#s up your bike components and hubs.

yep - i saw this too...i pulled into the canal road lot at around 10am and saw a couple of muddy bikes so we changed our plans and just hit the towpath.

Freeze/Thaw alert.

This happens every November.

If the ground has been frozen, within 24 hours, it will be absolutely horrible when it melts.

It doesn’t matter if it has rained… This is the reality during this part of the year.

Hit the trails when it’s frozen solid or destroy the trails and your bike

This photo was taken on Monday, November 27/look for hard freeze is the next tonight at least so that means the following days will be mudfestS

IMG_5079.jpeg
Bike

Freeze/Thaw alert.

This happens every November.

If the ground has been frozen, within 24 hours, it will be absolutely horrible when it melts.

It doesn’t matter if it has rained… This is the reality during this part of the year.

Hit the trails when it’s frozen solid or destroy the trails and your bike

This photo was taken on Monday, November 27/look for hard freeze is the next tonight at least so that means the following days will be mudfestS

View attachment 228084Bike
Are the signs still up about muddy trails at the canal lot? Jacques has also been real busy the past few weeks

Has anyone been out early in the morning while it's below freezing? It's been barely below freezing lately I'm not sure if things are frozen enough to be rideable and don't want to waste a trip.

Has anyone been out early in the morning while it's below freezing? It's been barely below freezing lately I'm not sure if things are frozen enough to be rideable and don't want to waste a trip.
The ground isn’t solid. We need 48 plus hrs where it never goes above freezing. Otherwise it’s a slopfest .. especially in the sun.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions