Spokes... Where do you buy?

Karate Monkey

Unpopular opinion: the Hozan tool was designed to cut/thread replacements or use up odd lengths of spokes. To use it to cut/thread 48+ spokes in a go is miserable.

If you're going to use one, get a pair of Park cable cutters--adjust them as tight as they will go without binding (remove the spring)--and use them as shear cutters for spokes. That way you aren't farting around with cleaning up the ends of spokes, and you can move directly into threading.

Reactions: w_b

Firulay1

Just have a Question, I broke one of my spokes on the rear, my bike shop is closed. Never know for how long, can still riding my bike

Last edited:

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just have a Question, I broke one of my spokes on the rear, my bike shop is closed. Never know for how long, can still riding my bike

If you broke one spoke, you'll probably break others soon as there's something wonky going on. They're probably over stressed and nearly breaking like that one, plus there's one less taking up the stress of riding.

That being said, if you want to risk it wrap the broken spoke around the next one to keep it from causing too many issues to continue riding, although you may want/need to true the wheel to get it straight.

Lots of local bike shops are still open for repair. Hilltop/Halters/Tenafly off the top of my head, not sure where you're located.

Firulay1

If you broke one spoke, you'll probably break others soon as there's something wonky going on. They're probably over stressed and nearly breaking like that one, plus there's one less taking up the stress of riding.

That being said, if you want to risk it wrap the broken spoke around the next one to keep it from causing too many issues to continue riding, although you may want/need to true the wheel to get it straight.

Lots of local bike shops are still open for repair. Hilltop/Halters/Tenafly off the top of my head, not sure where you're located.
Thanks, I will fix it before to ride

Top Bottom