Dickerson Mine Preserve Conditions

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
A little damp this morning but not sloppy. Easy pack saw-able blockage on Blue on the straightaway near the big tree ride, I just didnt have my saw.
20200114_064443.jpg

Robin

I didn't hit blue yesterday or have my handsaw. I can try to get there after school later this week and post back.

DMac0312

First time here today, rode white to blue back to white, very nice trail system well marked for a noob, was surprisingly dryer than expected with all of the rain Saturday

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
First time here today, rode white to blue back to white, very nice trail system well marked for a noob, was surprisingly dryer than expected with all of the rain Saturday
Most of those trails are pretty firm/rocky so they handle rain really well. Add Yellow to your loop next time!

jpn

I was gonna try to get in there tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up. I will stick to the road if I get out.

xc62701

I passed through today and they were in good condition. I didn’t find it greasy at all.

On the other hand if you are one of the people widening trails or bypassing rocky sections - STOP IT! I was so annoyed to see the new lines getting burned in around rocky or rooty sections. It’s sickening. If you want smooth rock less trails go to Lewis Morris. Rant over.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I passed through today and they were in good condition. I didn’t find it greasy at all.

On the other hand if you are one of the people widening trails or bypassing rocky sections - STOP IT! I was so annoyed to see the new lines getting burned in around rocky or rooty sections. It’s sickening. If you want smooth rock less trails go to Lewis Morris. Rant over.
The cheat lines on yellow get ridiculous. I remember like a year or two ago somebody actually made a stick barricade BLOCKING a feature and pushing people to their own ride around. @Jason had a solid rant on here that week lol.

xc62701

The cheat lines on yellow get ridiculous. I remember like a year or two ago somebody actually made a stick barricade BLOCKING a feature and pushing people to their own ride around. @Jason had a solid rant on here that week lol.

I remember the rant and the area but it’s all over the place now. Even the two trees that you have to thread over by the VW have a giant freeway around them. So sad and annoying.

phillychris498

How are conditions at Dickerson Mine? I'm trying to show my mom some more challenging terrain tomorrow, without doing anything crazy. I've actually never ridden here, so what would be a good loop? No more than 5-6 miles, keeping in mind that the orange trail seems too technical for her.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
The whole place is only like 8 miles so don't worry. Hit everything except orange. I can't comment on conditions. From the beach or gravel parking lot I ride the main loop counterclockwise, with a figure 8 offshoot for blue and yellow.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
How are conditions at Dickerson Mine? I'm trying to show my mom some more challenging terrain tomorrow, without doing anything crazy. I've actually never ridden here, so what would be a good loop? No more than 5-6 miles, keeping in mind that the orange trail seems too technical for her.

Not sure if you made it but I can always show you around I'm 5 minutes away

jpn

Just got back from a nice ride. It was really dry in spots. Very surprising.

Bunch of dirt bikes riding up and down the fire road by the dumping area by the Calais rd gate when I left.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

Bunch of dirt bikes riding up and down the fire road by the dumping area by the Calais rd gate when I left.

if it was the 70s, that might have been me.......

iman29

Timely update thanks. was thinking of going for a spin there tmw morning since it’s the only trails I really know plus it’s close enough to walk out to the car if needed.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions