NJ Mountain Bike Festival

Actually, I have to try that again. Looking at the Strava from the TOS shuttle looks like following the cannonball trail I went off to the west of the correct path, I may have done a lot harder on myself as that was the part I had to hike for the most part.

I saw your Strava on that one and that is what I thought of! Was it 40 miles total ride?

Yeah, a little over 40, and I'm pretty sure that was the ride we saw an awesome rattlesnake up at Ringwood.

Actually, I have to try that again. Looking at the Strava from the TOS shuttle looks like following the cannonball trail I went off to the west of the correct path, I may have done a lot harder on myself as that was the part I had to hike for the most part.

Do it! There are 2-3 ways to go, and some are definitely harder than others.

You could take pavement from your house to skyline drive, take Conklintown rd to the end (McAtee lane) which puts you on Blue. Take that to cannonball to TOS.

It looks like just the text at the top says tentative but scroll down the schedule looks current since the dates match for this weekend.

I cant make it due to oldest turning 20 that day and no one in my house other than me thinks spending a day riding around in the woods is "fun"

A tentative schedule based on last years event. Subject to change. Paid admission and signed waiver is required for all activities.

I'll get rid of that tentative part, it's pretty set, we have to add a door prize for the kids, a 2020 Cannondale cujo 24" bike. We might add or drop a ride or two, but it's pretty set

Bumpity bump bump-

A few points that are worth mentioning again:
1) The state is collecting $5 at the gate for parking- have a fiver handy when you roll up.
Small price for hosting our gig.

2) Car pool if you can. You will save $5 that you can spend on bike parts or pizza.

3) Speaking of saving money, pre-reg is open until midnight Saturday 9/28-
Pre-reg = $10, day of is $20.
Pre-reg = more pizza money.

4) If you plan on demoing a bike, bring ID, credit card and a helmet.

5) Remember all group rides will have a swag bag drawing immediately after the ride.
Head over to the JORBA tent when you roll back from your ride,
maybe you go home with some cool stuff.

6) Joining JORBA or renewing or donating $100 or more enters you into the raffle for some really great prizes.
Renewals/memberships/donations from the month of September are eligible.

7) You can save time by completing the waiver before you come.
Bring your completed waiver form to the JORBA tent,
get your wristband and you're off demoing bikes and eating pizza.

http://jorba.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/JORBA_Waiver_190416.pdf

8) All kids are eligible for a 2020 Cannondale cujo 24" bike door prize. Pick up tickets as you enter.

asking for a friend (for real) if you want to join JORBA day of is it cash only for paying the fee? or do you have a way to read cards?

@jmanic I think I'm going to be sick of pizza :)

137723563460.gif

I'm probably going to park at Ryerson and do some trail riding on the way over. Thinking a good start on Cat's nest and then figure out where I want to go from there heading to the lake.

Back
Top Bottom