Going Long and Hard.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
You never know...
download.jpeg

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I can't really do any Summer events working at the shop. I'm putting in 60 hour weeks as it is just to take off for PBP. Winter is easy because there's now a lot to do.

pygmypony

how was riding along skyline drive?

we drove a portion this spring from the north entrance south to do some backpacking in shenandoah.

weren't the shoulders pretty tight, with lots of blind curves...and loaded with tourists gawking at views driving less than carefully...

Steve Vai

T-Minus 7 days to the hour before PBP Start. Getting my gear pile lined up. Pretty standard set-up for me. 3 small bags, just the same as our SR600 Warm-up. Added a rain kit and small bivy to open up some sleeping options (outside on the side of the road)

IMG_20190810_173838_889.jpg

Steve Vai

I leave tomorrow afternoon. Route is 1200k with 33k of climbing. Less than the 600 we just did and twice as long so that suits me well. 90 hour limit. Depending what the legs and crowd is like, I may go to Brest in a single push, take a full night's rest, then do the return to Rambouillet. Otherwise, the route is split into 3 400k Segments.

RNG1

Good luck, and in the words of the late great Bon Scott that he spoke in perfect French:
Ooi Ooi
Voila
And the Eiffel Tower!

Top Bottom