So I crushed my right thumb in an equipment trailer jack...

68nova200

Is my riding season over for a while or can I source a left hand shifter for an 11 speed rear shifter? Pics attached for those of you interested... the first 2 are right after it happened and the third is this morning. The nail feels like its separated and pushing my thumb down hurts like mad... I'm sure I'll be down for at least a week.

Attachments

• received_471280140333390.jpeg
    received_471280140333390.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 50
  • received_372250299976018.jpeg
    received_372250299976018.jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 20190708_064358.jpg
    20190708_064358.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 46
we didnt have to ask for pics
giphy.gif

thanks OP, what a nice surprise on a monday

just SS it yo

Fuck! Not gonna lie, I read the title and thought the thumb was gone. I happy to be wrong. Heal up soon. Do you think you could work a grip shifter?

DUDE! there's a spoiler button for these kinds of pics!

Warning: Thread derailment in progress ;) I’m beginning to think one of the first MTBNJ YouTube projects should be an advanced posting “how to” video. :) spoilers, polls, having videos/photos actually visible to the masses... etc. :)

Got my thumb stuck in the rotor while adjusting my brakes.
The nail cracked sideways 80% of the way. Gorilla glued it and it seems fine. Its my left hand so it doesn't affect shifting... altho... using the dropper could be an issue.

Is my riding season over for a while or can I source a left hand shifter for an 11 speed rear shifter? Pics attached for those of you interested... the first 2 are right after it happened and the third is this morning. The nail feels like its separated and pushing my thumb down hurts like mad... I'm sure I'll be down for at least a week.

Singlespeed. Problem solved.

Yeah, that I do. and its hard enough with 11 speeds... having just one would make my legs and lungs explode.

Back
Top Bottom