So I crushed my right thumb in an equipment trailer jack...

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
My aunt is a nurse so I got some free healthcare. If there is still pressure under it this afternoon she is going to drain it. But the machinist at work offered to drain it on the drill press so I'm not sure which one to go to... haha

You are entitled to Workers Comp if this happened at work, feel better

roc

Did you go to a DR? They could probably drain it and get the pressure out and relieve some pain.
Totally worth doing. I felt my heartbeat in my thumb for 24 hrs. Went to the urgent care, they numbed it up with lidocaine and then cut it and relieved the pressure. It felt soooo much better after.

68nova200

You are entitled to Workers Comp if this happened at work, feel better
It didn't happen at work unfortunately... so no comp there, not like my company would give it to me anyway.

Yesterday afternoon the nail separated itself from the tip and it has been releasing pressure naturally. Unfortunately that means that about a half inch of my fingernail will probably be flapping in the breeze until it grows out.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
It didn't happen at work unfortunately... so no comp there, not like my company would give it to me anyway.

Yesterday afternoon the nail separated itself from the tip and it has been releasing pressure naturally. Unfortunately that means that about a half inch of my fingernail will probably be flapping in the breeze until it grows out.

Ouch BTW it's not at your jobs discretion

68nova200

Happy to say that the thumb is healing nicely, but it is now very obvious now how much of my thumb was partially detatched from the rest of my finger... And i added a warning sticker to the trailer for the next person who gets into das fingerpoken mood.

Attachments

• 20190710_084828.jpg
    20190710_084828.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 20190710_062229.jpg
    20190710_062229.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 20190708_180800.jpg
    20190708_180800.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 48

68nova200

There are so many uses for OSHA "warning signs"... I have ideas for a few that i want to put around at work just to annoy the safety guy.

68nova200

I went for my first ride yesterday since I crushed it. I took an easy 10 mile ride on road and rail trail. Besides some discomfort while shifting all went well. I am still dealing with numbness/ lack of sensitivity in the finger, which I'm told is normal. The nail is going to fall off completely eventually, which will be a real pain... Until then I'll try to keep riding.

Attachments

• 20190725_212309.jpg
    20190725_212309.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 12

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
kudos to OP for following up and not having us ask for it, and delivering photos

Top Bottom