OOS MOGA

Has anyone did a road trip to Florida ? I’m looking to go down Christmas week but I’m not spending over 2gs on flights.

Has anyone did a road trip to Florida ? I’m looking to go down Christmas week but I’m not spending over 2gs on flights.
Every year to worship the evil rat...... 3 kids piled into a minivan....we do it in two days and usually stop in Walterboro SC going down and somewhere in NC going back home.....we avoid all of 95 until the very end.....we take 287/78/81/77/26 and then 95....we end up avoiding all the traffic in Philly, Washington, and Baltimore..... And also all the tolls as well..... And it's much more scenic, rolling hills, farmland, and the Blue ridge Mountains....it adds about an hour to the total trip, but well worth it considering the monotony of 95.....

Every year to worship the evil rat...... 3 kids piled into a minivan....we do it in two days and usually stop in Walterboro SC going down and somewhere in NC going back home.....we avoid all of 95 until the very end.....we take 287/78/81/77/26 and then 95....we end up avoiding all the traffic in Philly, Washington, and Baltimore..... And also all the tolls as well..... And it's much more scenic, rolling hills, farmland, and the Blue ridge Mountains....it adds about an hour to the total trip, but well worth it considering the monotony of 95.....

Going down to OBX and back this year with a 18 month old I found 95 ok till I'm rushing to unplug a radar detector

I'll keep that route in mind... What time do you leave? I'm thinking about leaving around 10pmish. I hear DC traffic sucks and trying to avoid any traffic possible ha.

Don't you have to allow it to update?
Me, I use Google calendar for other things so I don't want them to be mixed in.
I can't see anything but my calendar either...... Maybe it's an iOS thing? I saw the individual event Max put the other day with the direct link but the General OOS calendar is still blank for me.

Max. Is the calendar of events going to continue on page one?

I have no way to update that it would have to be up to Paul if I can have an host a Google doc on here I'm going to make up a spreadsheet that will sync to the calendar and have it be hosted on the front page.

I'm going to try to drive as far as possible but I'm thinking maybe stopping in NC or SC as a halfway point
Lumbereton is where I recall stopping - the 90’s trying to remember ....

Only negative is you will lose getaway time in the car ....

Don’t take the train either - horrible experience according to friends ...

You may want to rent something super comfortable & convenient- reliable.

Lumbereton is where I recall stopping - the 90’s trying to remember ....

Only negative is you will lose getaway time in the car ....

Don’t take the train either - horrible experience according to friends ...

You may want to rent something super comfortable & convenient- reliable.

Like a Corvette

When I drive South I'm usually hitting all the great BBQ towns. Though you'll gain 20 lbs before you get to FL but well worth it. We always flew to to Disney with the kids or cruises. No way I'm going to be trapped in a car for two days. I'd go bonkers.

When I drive South I'm usually hitting all the great BBQ towns. Though you'll gain 20 lbs before you get to FL but well worth it. We always flew to to Disney with the kids or cruises. No way I'm going to be trapped in a car for two days. I'd go bonkers.

Do it in one day so your spiteful on vacation!

Back
Top Bottom