DH40 (Dark Horse 40)

I appreciate it guys, you may be the voices of reason. I hadn't even mentioned the idea to my wife yet...but I figured I would wait to see how I feel. I have been putting a lot of road miles in but with more or less one hand and resting the bum one on the bars. I just don't think I could hang on to the bars when things get rough. Also without knowing the course I figured for 40mi it must be a lot of smooth stuff but maybe I'm wrong. When I saw the updated series results my instincts kicked in and said get ready for sept. but I was looking forward to doing a distance ride off road and the gallop was really great.

I agree with the dudes, best to wait. But if you change your mind, you got a ride in the subie.

I got out there today to do a pre-ride. That place is fun:D. Here is what you are looking at for one lap if you are doing the race.

How were conditions up there with all this rain we've been having? I'm thinking of heading up that way early tomorrow. Should I throw on the fenders?? Thanks.

Who is VTC ???

VTC = Vernon training camp OF COURSE !!!:mad2:

See VTC Events (under events)

or

Crossaddict's Training Blog (under nutrition)

-rfoco

there are two OO's and an N in boonton vernon boi. :D i'm surprised forever resident vein man didn't chime in on that.

Anyone from Ocean/Monmouth area interested in heading to Stewart for the 40 and into car pooling?

That's too bad Justin, it's a fun race. Plus, I heard that instead of the big gravel hill, we have to dodge the NYPD cop to get to the finish line. Just a rumor.

That's too bad Justin, it's a fun race. Plus, I heard that instead of the big gravel hill, we have to dodge the NYPD cop to get to the finish line. Just a rumor.

:rofl:

Damn, I won't be making it either, the future Godparents of my little one are coming and the wife says I gotta entertain....st00pid godparents :mad2:

I'm really sorry to hear that, please tell her our thoughts are with her and your family.

What a Day !!!

The Dark Horse crew put on another unbelieveble event. Great weather, starting on time, sweet course, BBQ, Beer (good beer), and lots of fun company were just a few of the items that made for an epic day. I found it to be more of a festival than a hard core race, and I plan on doing it again next year for sure! Great Job/

-roger

Back
Top Bottom