2018 Gravity Season

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What are your plans?

Mine same as usual try to hit as many different parks. Also ride more bike parks and no I don't have a season pass. Need to check to see if mtbbikeparkpass is honoring creek this year.

Robin

I'm on the fence on whether I want to get a season pass at Creek this year. It's a bit of a haul to make it worth it and Blue is a bit closer. I'd also like to venture more to other resorts that I didn't get to because of #bumthumb/work.

As for enduro racing...we'll see. I have all the MASS/Creek dates on my calendar will just have to see how I'm feeling mentally and physically by then.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Oops: originally I put this in Matty’s Thread.

So as aw all know, @qclabrat and I have been bantering back and forth about what I’ve lovingly referred to as “TheSummerOfPark”.

Bikes are covered (Orbea Rallon and SC Nomad 4 respectively) so the most recent question was (see below) and rather than have the two “Park Nunez” go back and forth (put the z in for @soundz ) maybe it would be better to have the experts chime in.

Going over inventory again, lmk if I missed anything
- full helmet
- leg/arm armor
- spine armor
- neck brace

Do I need chest protection?
What about shoes and ankles?

Thanks in advance. :)

Robin

I think she meant if you really think you can afford not to add them to your collection don't bother. What is going back to work on Monday morning worth?

I should have added that I wear all the protective gear and still jacked up my thumb/needed surgery on my hand...so you can't always be protected enough!

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
@Robin, I bought this chest protector.....
39644BD6-F4EC-40EA-97C9-3313677218CA.jpeg

Probably overkill..... but I’m a big baby, soooooo.

If I have the stones to ride flats (that’s what’s on the bike now) my new 5/10’s will be on my feet. If I chicken out, I’ve got a dilemma.

But ankle protection.... would Some Gform type thing work at all?

Last edited:

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oops: originally I put this in Matty’s Thread.

So as aw all know, @qclabrat and I have been bantering back and forth about what I’ve lovingly referred to as “TheSummerOfPark”.

Bikes are covered (Orbea Rallon and SC Nomad 4 respectively) so the most recent question was (see below) and rather than have the two “Park Nunez” go back and forth (put the z in for @soundz ) maybe it would be better to have the experts chime in.

Going over inventory again, lmk if I missed anything
- full helmet
- leg/arm armor
- spine armor
- neck brace

Do I need chest protection?
What about shoes and ankles?

Thanks in advance. :)
Don't over think it just get out there and have fun . Sounds like your well prepared

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Oh, I’m going. Pass is bought n everything. I’ll be the comically plump guy pinwheeling out of control off into the sunset. :)
463A687E-C990-4DEE-BB2A-9473D811B28C.jpeg

qclabrat

@Robin, I bought this chest protector.....
View attachment 62642
Probably overkill..... but I’m a big baby, soooooo.

If I have the stones to ride flats (that’s what’s on the bike now) my new 5/10’s will be on my feet. If I chicken out, I’ve got a dilemma.

But ankle protection.... would Some Gform type thing work at all?
does that have the integrated spine protector?
I can deal with some broken bits but a f'd up back or neck isn't an option.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
does that have the integrated spine protector?
I can deal with some broken bits but a f'd up back or neck isn't an option.

This is the back. It’s pretty integrated. It’s not an true armadillo though. Even the neck brace fits w/out fuss.
A33E6614-3CEB-463F-AAA9-A6E6C3DA3262.jpeg

02camaro

you guys are making me worried with all this protection, myself and a few of the guys i ride with just fly down the hill with a full face, goggles and knee pads. no additional padding. are we doing it wrong? lol

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
you guys are making me worried with all this protection, myself and a few of the guys i ride with just fly down the hill with a full face, goggles and knee pads. no additional padding. are we doing it wrong? lol
thats how i roll as well

qclabrat

Haha, I'm old, have two college bound kids and just being cautious I guess. Already getting anxious think about it. Besides with the four herniated or bulging discs on my neck it will make me feel more confident. Didn't some first timer here last season break both wrists, ribs and puncture some organ last year?

Top Bottom