Dickerson Mine Preserve Conditions

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Conditions were great this morning. Did a steamy 2 laps and then took a dip at the Mine Hill Beach. Does anyone know why the beach is fenced off and closed? I'm hoping it's not because the water is contaminated or something like that...

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Does anyone know why the beach is fenced off and closed? I'm hoping it's not because the water is contaminated or something like that...
Nothing like that at all. That's the only official "swim" area for the lake and they charge for access and employ lifeguards during the summer. You just caught it off-hours.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Jason what happened to the log over on white/fire road? someone dismantle it? I saw that you guys fixed it this week.

Jason

JORBA.ORG
@Jason what happened to the log over on white/fire road? someone dismantle it? I saw that you guys fixed it this week.
We're not really sure what happened. I rolled the log back up while I was out for a ride but it needed more work than a quick pit-stop repair. We will probably spike it in place but I'm not sure when we are going to get to it.

ajcourain

Retired from burrito Shiffering
Just wanted to put out a friendly heads up to the mtb community that there will be a SwimRun event taking place tomorrow morning, August 20th, between Randolph Lake and Mine Hill Lake and on the nearby trails. You may see some event activity and wet runners out on trails and in this general area tomorrow morning. Race starts at 8am, and I'm guessing it will be wrapped up before lunchtime (with most finishing maybe around 9:30-10ish). The SwimRun racers have been informed that the trails are still open to public during the event and to keep that in mind while they are out there as well.

Zaskar

Conditions were great on 8/28!

Got a first time ride here over the weekend. The eldest had soccer a tourney minutes away w/ two games each day....8:15, 10, 9:15, 1pm. Actually drove up a few weeks ago, parked at Black River lot got out and only had flip flops... Quick spin out of the 25th annual Roxbury KOC on Sunday and on the way to Black River lot. Picked up the trail right near kiosk and wound around a few lakes and then some sandy sections. Fire roadish to hard right on Orange and then some REAL nice rock work on the switch backs. Took White around to Blue (which I think I went the wrong direction on) and then back to White and down Orange. Passed a few other trails that looked promising, but wanted to get back for 1. Really nice stuff here and a White Castle within 5 mins you can't beat it!

image.jpeg

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Super dry last night, even the creek crossing on the newer section was dry. Rain last night and tomorrow should help. Leaves are starting to come down but trail is still distinguishable.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rode there today at lunch...white was packed pretty well, kinda soft but very rideable. Blue, I had first tracks on...it was tough going but I rode about 95% of it.

I drove by this afternoon....was wondering if that was you. Nice!!

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
everything was pretty dry yesterday - a few spots on the "new" white trail were soft but not horrible. with the warm weather it should be near perfect today, for sure tomorrow.

FitmanNJ

everything was pretty dry yesterday - a few spots on the "new" white trail were soft but not horrible. with the warm weather it should be near perfect today, for sure tomorrow.
Yep, all dry, or hero dirt today -- I rated it a "4." I wasn't aware of all the new trails that Jason and his team have completed in the last several months. Very nice!

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Rode a lap on Saturday midday with about 1-3" of snow in spots which was nice and someone on a fatbike had done tons of laps on the new trail. It was the first time i rode the new stuff because it was easy to find with the tracks in the snow. Seems fun but i'd like to see it without the snow. With today's storm, it's gonna be a while until we can ride there...unless it gets groomed. Any plans for that??

Jason

JORBA.ORG
Rode a lap on Saturday midday with about 1-3" of snow in spots which was nice and someone on a fatbike had done tons of laps on the new trail. It was the first time i rode the new stuff because it was easy to find with the tracks in the snow. Seems fun but i'd like to see it without the snow. With today's storm, it's gonna be a while until we can ride there...unless it gets groomed. Any plans for that??
I tried to get out today but there was no parking for the trucks and trailer. I'm not sure when/if we can get out there. I do have a nice groomed track in my back yard though. :)

xc62701

Keep us posted if it does get groomed. That will be a huge plus. I don't think this stuff is going anywhere for a while now.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I went by Friday and saw that grooming had not been preformed yet at the beach area. Hopefully @Jason git out there this weekend. Keep us posted.

FitmanNJ

IMG_0140.JPG
I went by Friday and saw that grooming had not been preformed yet at the beach area. Hopefully @Jason git out there this weekend. Keep us posted.
Well, I took a chance and can confirm that @Jason (or somebody) was out there before today grooming the trails. I'm sure there was some melting going on by the end of my ride (temps in the mid-40's), but there's plenty of great riding to be had. Saw @AllamuchyJoe out there with a friend, too. Thanks to the groomer -- made it much easier to ride!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions