Hunting The Wild Subaru

Kaleidopete

So some idiots decided it was a good idea to tale their Subaru trail riding on Old Coal trail.
It wound up on it's side, about a mile and a half back in the woods.
old coal suburu.jpg

I went looking for it's remains today, but it has been extracted. I heard the first attempt was with a tow truck, which gave up and something much larger with tracks had to be brought in to do the job.

Which really messed up the trails.

Old Coal Subaru02.jpg

The only remains I could find.

Old Coal Subaru05.jpg

xc62701

Yes it seems the kid got around the gate and got it stuck. One of my students was in there trying to help get it out and got his car stuck, but they were able to get his out and not the Subaru. They actually tried to roll it on the roof to get it out. Seems the kid bought it for $300 bucks and didn't care if he wrecked it or left it there. Sounds like they do this often. I gave him crap for being in there in the first place. I was not amused.

Kaleidopete

Yes it seems the kid got around the gate and got it stuck. One of my students was in there trying to help get it out and got his car stuck, but they were able to get his out and not the Subaru. They actually tried to roll it on the roof to get it out. Seems the kid bought it for $300 bucks and didn't care if he wrecked it or left it there. Sounds like they do this often. I gave him crap for being in there in the first place. I was not amused.
where'd they go in, from the clinton rd. whildcat side?

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
When u buy a car for $300 to go off-road with, the first thing u do is remove the vin.

xc62701

I'm not even sure where they went in. I asked him how he got in and he said he just drove around the gate since there was room. He said rocks get placed there to block the opening but the local kids with jeeps just tie a strap to them and tow them out of the way and get in again.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
this is so PA....
everyone has an unregistered beater just for this...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions