Ebay

xc62701

I've got a bunch of bike stuff lying around and it's time to start purging. How much does ebay charge to sell stuff? I've bought a few things before but have never placed anything up for auction. I'm just curious.

Glancing Aft

They have an adjusting fee scale. It's usually not that bad. Not sure off the top of my head, but maybe it equates to about 3-5% ?

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
they have a few fees... a listing fee, they take a % of sale price, plus they'll ding you here and there for "features" to make the ad more attractive.

the listing fee depends on the price of the item you are listing... i think G A is right, it probably ends up being a total of 3 - 5% after all is said and done... for bigger ticket items i have sold, i have pumped up my shipping costs a little to try to pull in a little more.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
i have sold alot of stuff on ebay, post it here first so you don't have to deal with the fees...

Nimrod

okay...

Recently I sold a bike on ebay for $711.
Additionaly I charged $85 for shipping.

The total ebay fee was $30 and some change. The $30 included the listing fee ($100), and the final selling price

Then Paypal got their cut of $32 (after the sale)

THATmanMANNY

WTF

Just sld several items on ebay. I haven't done so in a couple years. NOW they charge final value fee on shipping! WTF! How is that right?! Sounds like they just started within the past year.

Fvck em'!

rlb

WTF

Just sld several items on ebay. I haven't done so in a couple years. NOW they charge final value fee on shipping! WTF! How is that right?! Sounds like they just started within the past year.

Fvck em'!

It's annoying to people who charge honestly for shipping. However some people were selling small items and charging $10 for shipping. That's $10 w/o any fees, and maybe the actual shipping was $3 so that's $7 straight into the seller's pocket.

rlb

Any one ebay fee isn't bad by itself, but once you tally them up and add in the paypal fees it's not as attractive as Nimrod explained.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
WTF

Fvck em'!

They started doing that alittle while back. Like RLB said, auction items of 1 cent and shipping cost of $10.00.

surf1net

I do a lot of selling on eBay for a friend of mine. After everything is said and done, between them & paypal it's cost about 12%. Its good if you find some of those items you've had in your basement or attic just rotting away but if you want to continuously sell it can become very pricey. Especially if your profit margin is borderline to begin with. Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom