Rumble in the Jungle 2012 Edition

interesting, no animal shoot & goat. looks like the same course as last year but without goat and animal shoot.

Thanks yellow plaid dudes!

Interesting, it looks like this route avoids most of the stuff I did not enjoy too much the other night.

Is rat tail and the little bit of babs the only difference between cat 2/3 and cat1? Besides the number of laps.

Here is a combo of each

Attachments

• cat1 cat2 combo.jpg
    cat1 cat2 combo.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 261
if you are looking to ride I will most likely be there today and tomorrow about 12:30...

Do you own a GPS? If so, can you post up a Garmin link?

If not, can you go buy a Garmin and go back to step 1? :)

I don't...but I know jungle very well

Yeah but I don't!

I'm riding Saturday early. I mean we can figure it out - Utah knows it well enough. But I'd like to get all the between/transition stuff right.

Also - I think from now on anyone discussing this race should use some sort of animal reference. Pearl just texted me that he was running like he was being chased by apes up Animal Chute last year.

Personally, I'd like the GPS loop just so I'm not blind as a bat. Yes, a bat is a lame zoo animal but it's my game.

BEARS!

Thanks. I love the crayon maps, as well as the bone clues ;). I am such a Luddite :eek:

Girls ride on Friday at 5:00. No boys unless they bring chocolate.

Looks great. Coming up Saturday to check it out. Can't say I'll miss Goat at all. Animal Chute is tough but nice. It was a tough last section to race though.

We almost forgot the most important thing - the Mexican food guy (of 2010 fame) will be there again!!!!!! He'll be serving from 11 a.m. onward, so bring your extra pennies and your appetite! :getsome:

From the crayon drawing it appears that there is some singletrack that I was not aware of at the Jungle, love discovering new trails so to that end I have a couple of questions.

1. On Safari1 s-turns, is this just drawing outside the lines or is there a bit of single track cutting thru the s-turns. Based on the crayon map I would say there is a bit of single track there, I just have never seen it before, is it new?

2. Same as above, right before the bamboo area and over by the monorail below otter slide there seems to be a bit of singletrack off the tar paths. Again based on the crayon map. I have never seen either bit of singletrack however that whole area is confusing to me still.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom