The Last NJ CX Cup Race: Horseshoe Scramble

Tires held!

Nice battle for what would have been 6th or 7th, I think, in last lap with a good friend and advisary. Still had gas in the tank and step on the pedal to make the move and rear derailleur snapped off. DNF #2. Still happy with how I almost did. Late start for me in CX this year but great season with a bunch of great riders. See you next year.

Attachments

• Bent Derailleur.jpg
    Bent Derailleur.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 166
Pearl/Utah and Co., the cheering (or was it heckling?) was great. Motivating, entertaining, with just enough distraction. Thanks. Any chance one of you got my digger on film? I'm used to crashing alone in the woods with no around to see or hear it! How many crashes did you guys see right there? I hope I wasn't the only one.

There was at least 7-8 crashes in that area, not including yours. No video, but some good stills should be showing up soon :p

Norm cheered for me today!!! totally made my day.. Thanks Norm!

Norm, did anyone see or pick up my Knapps jacket by the start line by chance?

Last edited:
I have everything we found left at the start on eBay as we speak. All proceeds will go towards my dream of one day building a Dorito pit. Thank you for your contribution :)

Jim.

I have everything we found left at the start on eBay as we speak. All proceeds will go towards my dream of one day building a Dorito pit. Thank you for your contribution :)

Jim.

Mandi had a family member in the main offices at Frito Lay. I'm sure we can make this happen.

Definitely a Mtn Bike friendly course today - I should know as the only guy on a Mtn Bike today in Cat4 40+. No crashes for me and a lot of back and forth with some of the cx guys - overall a lot of fun (plus it did wonders for my head cold). This was only my 3rd CX race but I'm hooked. Next year I'm going to have to get a Cyclocross bike :)

Norm cheered for me today!!! totally made my day.. Thanks Norm!

Norm, did anyone see or pick up my Knapps jacket by the start line by chance?

To answer your question, we did find a Knapps jacket which I assumed was yours. "We only had 1 Knapps guy out here I think," was my logic.

Happy to give a shout out. Good putting a name to a face, or vice versa. Congrats on the series win.

Awesome weekend of racing. Thanks guys for organizing it and making it mtb friendly. I enjoyed the course more today than yesterday. Felt better today too. Can't wait for next season, but happy to put the bike away for a little while.

Jeeeez, let's not go there...

Deal. How many Doritos can I get for a dollar?

Jim

Let's not get the 'Best tires for CoolRanch pit vs best tires for Nacho pit' thread started......

Thanks for all the efforts that folks put in to make this happen.

Great time out there today. The start and first lap went so badly for me I was kinda forced to just use it mud skills practice session. Learned some stuff and had lots of fun today at that reduced speed as my heart did not feel like it was going to explode as it did on Saturday...

Incredible weekend and one I hope to remember for a long time, at least through the worst parts of the winter. Thanks for putting together a great course, in both directions, uphill with wooden shoes. Yes I've had a few. Great way to end the season.

This is all I can remember. I know Santalucia was behind me.

Sciancalepore
Imaishi
Harper
Ruiz
Kucharski
Michaloski (I think)
Pasieka
Santalucia

Saturday's results are up on USAC. Sunday's shouldn't be far behind.

http://www.usacycling.org/results/?permit=2011-3534

I've heard all weekend that the course was mountain biker friendly. Some of the road guys didn't like that as much, but hey, that's what Sussex is for. I think the series needs some diversity :D

The Flying Fin was there on sunday and he helped get our pit better, that's one area we need to work on for next year. Placement is good, it just needs to be longer. With the mud we've had the past 2 years, the pit is important. Hell, I had 3 bike changes during my race on sunday!! Although one of them was because I lost a bet with Forest :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, thanks everyone that came out to support us. I had a blast, and I hope everyone else did too!!

-Jim.

I had an awesome time! Sliding around in the mud was a blast.

Bummed I couldn't make it this year as I really like the expanded course. I agree that the pot could improve as the one time I needed it, it was a spectator zone, and a small one at that.

And we do what we can at Sussex! Terrain only allows for so much there!

Back
Top Bottom