Wildcat Ridge JORBA Group Ride - 9/3/11

Mare

September is approaching faster than Irene and that means it's time for our next JORBA group ride on Labor Day weekend!

Wildcat Ridge Wildlife Management Area - click popcorn :popcorn: for park info
Saturday, September 3, 2011
Bat Cave Parking - click smiley :) directions
10:00 AM

Intermediate – Advanced: Technical terrain suitable for those comfy on rocks and roots with seasoned skills.

Post Ride BBQ: Bring a chair and a dish to share for our fun potluck BBQ!

RSVP is required. Please post here or email me at mare@jorba.org if you plan to attend. Also let me know what you are able to bring to the BBQ if you will stay for it.

Click wedgie :wedgie: to see our complete ride series!

Last edited:
RSVP Post

So far we have the following:

Bleeder - chicken dish
Mike - spicey sausage

Some of you asked what we need - we need everything at this point so the options are wide open.

Last edited:
Really bummed im not going to be able to make it Mare, I will be in Florida for work :(

Where is the BBQ? Who's leading? (I am assuming Norm A.)

It's kinda far for me, but I am interested.

Damn, labor day weekend.... Can't do it.

Last edited:
Where is the BBQ? Who's leading? (I am assuming Norm A.)

Damn, labor day weekend.... Can't do it.

BBQ will be in some lot afterwards. I say some lot cause I have never been to Wildcat so I don't know the layout, but we'll follow the same style we do for other rides - return to car, break out grills and food, eat. :)

Yes, Norm A. is our leader.

Sorry you can't make it. :( Try for another place in the fall with us, or we can always shoot for another ride here too!

Texas Smoke BBQ pit is pretty much across the street from the Bat cave Lot if anyone wants to go with low effort.. You can smell it when you're on the Or trail.

Last edited:
Bummer. Can you send Elsa then? I'll give her the Subaru thing too, although she may chew it.

Ya I am bummed, finally one that is in my back yard. Well bills backyard. If luke goes, give it to him...he can leave it in my driveway.

My advice is that anyone who goes to splitrock and has a derail. on their bike....bring a spare hanger. Lot of sticks and debris there

I don't know how that place deals with water but I'm pretty sure its littered with sticks and branches. Took a ride yesterday at Stephens and we were constantly moving stuff out of the trails, didn't get to do much riding.

I rode at Johnathan woods yesterday, which are a collection of mostly quad paths on the other side of the road from splitrock. Wasnt too muddy, but the sticks, branches and trees down made it pretty slow going.

We should be good for Saturday - Norm A. has been doing some work to get it ready. Just be prepared because you may need to do a little more work to get over things than normal. :)

If anything changes, we'll let you know, but as of now we are planning to still ride!

Back
Top Bottom