Donate?

bikeboy566

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Hi folks heres my story,last year when i was looking after Garys shop for him while he was ill a gentalman named Scott Glickman came into the shop and was talking to me about a event called ''The Century For The Cure" he started this ride after he went through cancer treatments at Cancer Institute Of N.J. knowing that Gary was there(getting treatment) i helped out with checking over bikes and helping anyone that had mech.prob. This year im going to be doing the ride,im looking for donations and was hoping some of you folks would like to help.I need to raise 500.00 anything you can give would be awsome all the money gos to the Cancer Institute of NJ.If you want to donate all you have to do is go online to thecenturyforthecure.com look for my name Tony DiPaolo and donate in my behalf thats it. Thank you if you could help... be well:)

ArmyOfNone

I have been wanting to do a charity ride. Most seem to have really large amounts of money that you need to raise to participate. I dont think i would have the time or means to raise the money. However this seems a bit more reasonable. Can anyone get in on this ride? How do we donate?

Bike N Gear

Shop Keep
I have been wanting to do a charity ride. Most seem to have really large amounts of money that you need to raise to participate. I dont think i would have the time or means to raise the money. However this seems a bit more reasonable. Can anyone get in on this ride? How do we donate?

Anyone can do the ride. They do request a minimum of $500 of doanations. Its pretty easy to raise that much once you start mentioning the ride to friends, family & co-workers. After going through this past year, almost every time I mention what I have gone through, the other person has also been affected by cancer. Whether it was a friend or family member, people are very sympathetic to the cause. So don't let the amount of money keep you from participating.

Its supposed to be a great ride (though hilly). I've been training for it, but I seem to be getting slower, not faster.

All the info is on the website. If you want to donate to Tony Dipaolo, just go to the link for donations and type in his name.

http://www.centuryforthecure.com/

Anyone who is interested in doing a hilly century should check out this ride. The que sheet is posted on the website.

Thanks,
Gary

ArmyOfNone

Ok im in. I havent registered just yet but i already have some people willing to donate. I am really looking forward to it. I never have done a charity type event before.

ArmyOfNone

So instead of passing out in the car (bc i am at work after all), I mapped out this ride. When it was all said and done it was 110 miles w/ about 5600 feet of elevation gain. I dont think i missed anything, but im curious to know why it came out to 110 when the cue sheet has it at 100. Anyways, it looks like a fun ride!

bikeboy566

Shop Keep
Ok im in. I havent registered just yet but i already have some people willing to donate. I am really looking forward to it. I never have done a charity type event before.

Im not sure why it came out to that amount of miles:hmmm: If you want to train for this ride we meet at bike-ngear on sat. morning at 700am for road ride we do anywhere from 40 to 70 miles avrg.speed is 15-18mph. If interrested gives us a call at the shop on fri.

ArmyOfNone

Im in for the ride. Post up later on this week just to confirm. Or ill swing by the shop. Your normally there right? I actually dont know why i have not stopped in before i ride by there like 4 times a week. lol

bikeboy566

Shop Keep
Im in for the ride. Post up later on this week just to confirm. Or ill swing by the shop. Your normally there right? I actually dont know why i have not stopped in before i ride by there like 4 times a week. lol

Yeah, Gary and i are there.(im there everyday but Wed.& Thurs.) im down in the shop most of the day

keithsly

Yes Saturday it is....

100 miles of fun riding on the roads of somersetish county..... for a great cause !! You do need to raise $500 to ride (they will collect their coin by Oct. 15th and need to supply a credit card number to ensure your seriousness about the cause and raising the cash)... I know their are a bunch of us riding...

:getsome: If anyone needs a domestique for the ride I'm already taken go find your own !!!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Norm,

I'll be riding with Tony and 6 or so customers. Also, my friend Dave, who you have ridden with will be riding.

I have bunch of other customers who are riding also. The cue sheet is on the web, its a hilly 100. You should check it out. Its for a good cause.

https://www.centuryforthecure.com/

Gary

Gary,

Awesome, good to hear you've made it this far and will be giving it a shot! I hope you guys nail down that 5 hour finish time :D

Unfortunately I won't be able to fit this one in. As someone mentioned on the Allamuchy TM thread, this is a tough weekend for "stuff" though I'd like to do this since it's all of 3-4 miles from where Dave & I live (not together, mind you). Maybe next year!

Good luck to everyone doing it!

ArmyOfNone

I really was looking forward to this. I really want use my time for a good cause and the support of others. Unfortunately, there was no way for me to get outta work for this and ill be there for 16 damn hours. boo on me. Have a great ride!

Top Bottom