do I need a tour guide?

al415

Banned
I want to try somewhere new this saturday. Is Clayton a good place to explore solo? Or would I be better off jumping in with some locals?

I want to try somewhere new this saturday. Is Clayton a good place to explore solo? Or would I be better off jumping in with some locals?

Some trails, in certain directions, flow better than others.I can't imagine you would need a tour guide. It's not really that big. Just ride. By the end you will have figured out what works and what does not.

Parks are always better with locals! Clayton is fairly small and pretty well marked as far as getting you back to the parking lot. You will be fine on your own. I'm pretty sure there is a map on here and one at the trail head. Its a nice park, not techy, but you can get some good speed which makes it a bit more difficult.

The loop at Clayton is about 1 mile long. You can try it 20 different ways and still barely get in an hour long ride;)

-Jim.

I think there is around 6 miles of unique trails @ clayton and there are trail maps at the parking lot.

The loop at Clayton is about 1 mile long. You can try it 20 different ways and still barely get in an hour long ride;)

-Jim.

Hey Jim, could you put that evaluation into context and give your summary of Hartshorne?

Thanks for all the input folks. I ended up doing a couple of hours in hartshorne, but there's always Sunday.

Clayton is more than a mile. when you get into the trail from the parking lot go right and keep making rights to take the longest loop possible (look at the map and you'll see what I mean). I think its 3 miles or so. when you get back to the parking lot turn around and go backwards. bam - 6 miles of unique trails. repeat as necessary.

thanks, I ended up at Allaire. I'll probably strap hang onto a group ride when I see one pop up here.

I'm sensing a theme with you Al. Ask about park, waffle about going there, side Hartshorne or Allaire instead.

I'm starting to wonder if you're real. I've managed to sell you something and still not meet you :hmmm:

I'm a bot. :D

yeah I had big plans this weekend but none of them came to fruition. Still, I got some good (albeit familiar) rides in.

Besides, you weren't much help with your pre-dawn roll out time!

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions