James Pearl Thinks Blogging is Dead

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
when is iron furnace? i could likely be convinced to do that one, waway is always a good time.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The longer races (not that 12 hour stuff). but the 3-4ish hour stuff is more enjoyable to me. Even if I have no aspirations on a top finish I can still find a good tempo zone, tune everything out, focus on riding clean, taking in enough calories, having fun... If I can comfortably do that stuff, then I can start pushing a little more during the race and then leaving most/all of it out there before the end of the race. But that last usually takes care of itself.

What bike are you planning on racing with?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What bike are you planning on racing with?

I don't know the answer to this question yet. As you're probably well aware, I switch off during winter. Right now I am a combination of indoor riding and ski weekends. Last year I skied 16 times over the season, and rode my mountain bike maybe twice. This is my way of admitting I have not even ridden the Orbea yet. I want to get out there, but man this thing was kept in mint condition, and the conditions are so horrible. Mark says I need to rip the bandaid off, and he's right.

After I ride it a few times I'll figure that out. Neither bike is ideal for a race, which will be a limiting factor in some sense. But who cares. I am not going back to owning a race bike any time soon. So it'll have to be 1 of these 2. At this stage, I really couldn't say which is more likely.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't know the answer to this question yet. As you're probably well aware, I switch off during winter. Right now I am a combination of indoor riding and ski weekends. Last year I skied 16 times over the season, and rode my mountain bike maybe twice. This is my way of admitting I have not even ridden the Orbea yet. I want to get out there, but man this thing was kept in mint condition, and the conditions are so horrible. Mark says I need to rip the bandaid off, and he's right.

After I ride it a few times I'll figure that out. Neither bike is ideal for a race, which will be a limiting factor in some sense. But who cares. I am not going back to owning a race bike any time soon. So it'll have to be 1 of these 2. At this stage, I really couldn't say which is more likely.

Don’t you guys have a scalpel in the basement somewhere? If it needs work, @UtahJoe needs a project :)

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's

ya didn't I build @Dominique a scalpel?

If it needs work, @UtahJoe needs a project :)
I suppose I could lend @Norm my scalpel since I wont be riding for a long time.....carbon wheels, dropper, carbon ocho lefty....(visualizes norm riding my bike).....ya on second thought, over my dead fucking body 😂

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Which Orbea did you go with? I'm mostly wondering if you went with something similar to your Pivot or very different.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Which Orbea did you go with? I'm mostly wondering if you went with something similar to your Pivot or very different.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I feel like everyone bought Scalpels, then Pivots were the hot thing, then Orbea Occams.

jackx

This is my way of admitting I have not even ridden the Orbea yet. I want to get out there, but man this thing was kept in mint condition, and the conditions are so horrible.

After I ride it a few times I'll figure that out. Neither bike is ideal for a race, which will be a limiting factor in some sense.
Congratulations on the new Orbea! It sounds like a great bike with awesome components.

I understand it has been named " Zorro the Gray Blade". This leaves me, and perhaps others wondering if "Grey Poupon" was ever in the running - to fit in your stable with Cordon Bleu.

Top Bottom