Chimney Rock Conditions

Jrzjoe

A8C1E51C-9609-4B1B-9D98-1083153B70E8.jpeg
Dawn patrol today. Yep. Super dry.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Yes. The big one is a 20” at least. I could do it but was warned against vigilante sawing 😂

no saw and tell.......

otoh if you are a licenced contractor with insurance and sawyer training, it does help.

CNJRider

Joker
Anyone been out there yet today? I was near the park Friday evening and it drizzled steadily for over an hour with some shorter bursts of heavier rain now and then. Thinking the super dry conditions and a few hours of sun should should dry the park easily.

1TrackMind

I was out this morning at 6, it was super dry, if it rained… you wouldn’t know it. There was one spot on blue that was wet.. but not puddle.. looked like a spring seeping. It didn’t rain by house and I didn’t think it rained there.

Jrzjoe

I was out this morning at 6, it was super dry, if it rained… you wouldn’t know it. There was one spot on blue that was wet.. but not puddle.. looked like a spring seeping. It didn’t rain by house and I didn’t think it rained there.
Agreed. Was out at 7 and if it drizzled last night it was too little to matter.

CNJRider

Joker
Did it all this am. Tree down on lower blue. A desire path is forming around it so you can still ride around.

20220710_100000.jpg

Pretty thick trunk on this one.

20220710_083918.jpg

Noticed a hung up tree near the trail feature at top of blue too.

20220710_085949.jpg

Looks like the upper three quarters of it sheered off the rest of the trunk and is now leaning up against two living trees. Trail passes directly below this bad boy.

20220710_085924.jpg

Otherwise super arid conditions as everyone else has reported.

20220710_090005.jpg

FlowVwade

Any info on the amount of rain in the area yesterday? It's supposed to be a hot one today with relatively low humidity this afternoon; any chance it's okay be this evening?

rjr44

Any info on the amount of rain in the area yesterday? It's supposed to be a hot one today with relatively low humidity this afternoon; any chance it's okay be this evening?
I live near the top of the red/blue trails and all day yesterday we got missed by passing storms, zero rain.

Rode late yesterday afternoon, completely dry (so long as you don't count the Old Trullo connector which is still a dumpster fire of a mud pit).

Can't speak to what/if any rain overnight, but I suspect even if it did there wasn't enough to impact the trails.

I say go get it, I'll be out there later today.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rode late yesterday afternoon, completely dry (so long as you don't count the Old Trullo connector which is still a dumpster fire of a mud pit).

Yeah that connector is a total & complete mess. Hard to believe how wet that is compared to the rest of the park.

rjr44

Yeah that connector is a total & complete mess. Hard to believe how wet that is compared to the rest of the park.
Indeed! Used to be one of my preferred access points depending on how I wanted to hit my loops. Now always using the fire road to red (and that top connector is blocked by downed trees for a few months now, so gotta go to next access down from there).

FitmanNJ

Just got back from Chimney Rock. Having done Red, White, and Blue, I can report that there's very little evidence of recent rain on these trails. It's almost completely dry...all good.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions