Be Careful Out Their Ladies

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Joy, that is technically .79 ounces instead of .75 ounces. But I really think that's fine. Tell the douche cop that you shot a two-second burst out of the new container so it is now under .75 ounces and liberal-NJ compliant.

I like the combo pepper spray, CS gas, and UV marker. Let's try it on Steve. Alternatively, the foam/gel stuff works great and stick well. That will get all up in Steve's hair and it will burn everytime he takes a shower for a week.

I misspoke earlier. It is not a CRIME to possess over .75 ounces, it is a criminal offense (misdemeanor). You could still be arrested for it, but unless you are doing something irresponsible with it, I certainly wouldn't bother you about it.

I routinely had women from PA with 2+ ounces in their purses and as long as they told me they had it for self-defense purposes, I simply informed them to leave it at home when traveling to NJ and get a NJ-compliant pepper spray.
Damn... I missed the +.04 deal. Arggghhh... I'll look for something else. I don't want to explain a misdemeanor to my mother. 😬

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Buy a non-NJ compliant version of person/bear spray that can spray more than one attackers multiple times. If a cop gives you shit, spray them with it.

@Carson my college roommate was a dirty hippy with dreads. He went to the WTO protests and got sprayed so I know how that goes.

Don't be jealous of my hair.

Fat Trout

Got any suggestions? I was looking at something like this:

SABRE Advanced Compact Pepper Spray with Clip – 3-in-1 Formula (Pepper Spray, CS Tear Gas & UV Marking Dye), Police Strength Self Defense Spray, 10-Foot (3 m) Range, 35 Bursts – Easy Access Belt Clip Amazon product

I have one of these strapped to the shoulder strap of my water/gear pack with a velcro wrap. I forget its even there. I started carrying it after getting being chased by some seriously insane dogs. I figure it could work for whatever. On the bottle it says 11 grams net weight / 22 grams Tare weight. The 11 grams (.38 oz) I take to be the product. the 22 oz (.77 oz) I take to be the whole package. Its light, small and has a safety cover over the button. Mine is 3 1/4" long x 1 1/4" wide in one direction 7/8" wide in the other.

1652921748213.png

The Kalmyk

Just remember that possession of over 3/4 of an ounce of pepper spray is a crime in NJ, so don't buy the big boy. Thank your politicians when you see them

I willing to bet if a woman was attacked and a big can was found on her we could look past that😉

Its one of those things cops know maybe 5percent of population are aware of the law so its used in a discretionary manner.

I could talk my way out of it on the strength that they sell em in illegal amounts up and down the state and tge people selling them dont even know the law😂😂

Last edited:

I wanted to share this and perhaps you want to pass it along as this is the second attack on a woman in the area. I’m not sure what trail it is but could be 6 Mile. Might be a best bet to not travel alone.

9mm Glocks are pretty compact and light. IMO there are too many assholes out there that have no fear of reprisal. It really disgusts me when they think they can do what they want to another…..shoot the bastard in the junk!!!
…you forget we live in NJ…no CC….

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Would that go on your criminal record ? I'm sure it would warrant the State to come down on the offender and throw the book at her/him...imagine what would happen if you were to actually use it on a sexual predator trying to jump you!

Yes, it would go on your criminal record. However, when applying for jobs, they generally ask if you were convicted of a CRIME, to which you could accurately respond NO.

2Julianas

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have one of these strapped to the shoulder strap of my water/gear pack with a velcro wrap. I forget its even there. I started carrying it after getting being chased by some seriously insane dogs. I figure it could work for whatever. On the bottle it says 11 grams net weight / 22 grams Tare weight. The 11 grams (.38 oz) I take to be the product. the 22 oz (.77 oz) I take to be the whole package. Its light, small and has a safety cover over the button. Mine is 3 1/4" long x 1 1/4" wide in one direction 7/8" wide in the other.

View attachment 185042
I tried to buy this - but I live in NY and they won't ship it to me. Guessing its illegal in NY - we NY women need to just run faster???!!!

Fat Trout

I tried to buy this - but I live in NY and they won't ship it to me. Guessing its illegal in NY - we NY women need to just run faster???!!!
So after posting this I ordered a new one for myself and my wife as mine is long expired. Amazon wouldn't ship to NJ but the actual company (Mace) would. Guess you need to find a friend in NJ ;).

I was curious so googled NY and pepper spray. Apparently you can't mail it anywhere in NY. You can have it though. what I found said pocket sized and comically implied you can buy it from a firearms dealer OR .......a pharmacist. Where do they come up with this stuff? That was under NYC which is an extra special place. who knows about the rest of NY.

1652981022469.png

1652981233562.png

one piece crank

Got any suggestions? I was looking at something like this:

SABRE Advanced Compact Pepper Spray with Clip – 3-in-1 Formula (Pepper Spray, CS Tear Gas & UV Marking Dye), Police Strength Self Defense Spray, 10-Foot (3 m) Range, 35 Bursts – Easy Access Belt Clip Amazon product

I've heard hornets are really bad this year, so you should carry a smaller version of this, just in case...

shopping

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Really sad and troubling story, and potentially a serial rapist situation. Confirmed in 6mr, and the perp travelled by bicycle. https://www.newsbreak.com/news/2607...ed-in-nj-park-trail-attack-similar-sex-crimes

We've been informed by the park staff, and our setup for race day confirmed to have proper adult oversight. We will be including a blurb in coach communications to be aware on training rides as well.

Police sketch:

1652982800543.png

Fat Trout

Did you try? I bought some brake cleaner on Amazon that said they wouldn't ship to CA or NJ, but they shipped it to me anyway 🤷‍♂️
It was at the end of checkout but cant recall if i bailed before the very end. I can confirm i was pissed i couldnt get free shipping with Prime.

Confused…did the assault occur on the DNR path or on the mountain bike trail within 6MR? If on the trail @ 6MR which one? Be specific and on point. By the way for those who like to victim shame I hope the day doesn’t come for you to pick up your phone and call 911 for a friend because another friend was about to smash her face into a kitchen counter over a Flintstones jelly jar….and you have to run down a flight of stairs praying to God that your phone is right where you left it…in your glove compartment..and you have to shout at your friends neighbor to call 911 just in case it isn’t there…and when you do get on the phone with the dispatcher and give an address you are asked: are you in the township or borough and manage to keep the’WTF’ to yourself.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Confused…did the assault occur on the DNR path or on the mountain bike trail within 6MR? If on the trail @ 6MR which one? Be specific and on point. By the way for those who like to victim shame I hope the day doesn’t come for you to pick up your phone and call 911 for a friend because another friend was about to smash her face into a kitchen counter over a Flintstones jelly jar….and you have to run down a flight of stairs praying to God that your phone is right where you left it…in your glove compartment..and you have to shout at your friends neighbor to call 911 just in case it isn’t there…and when you do get on the phone with the dispatcher and give an address you are asked: are you in the township or borough and manage to keep the’WTF’ to yourself.

If there were any victim shaming in here, I promise you, I'd call every bastard out on it.

Also, initial reports didn't have much specific trail information. I think later reports included more. It's crappy journalism.

And your "what if" story is oddly specific ... are you (or someone you know) ok or do you need help? Seriously. Not being snarky.

Top Bottom