Things that make you smile :)

New trail system - Caloosahatchee regional park. Super fast and flowy 10 mile trail system with some fun ups and downs. Similar to 6mr in perfect conditions - but down here, this place is perfect for like 7 straight months. Also some fun features with skinnies and bridges. Will def go back - a 70 min drive. Also directional - they flip the loop from CW to CCW every month.

View attachment 183181

View attachment 183184
How far from Boca Vista 3 is it in drive time?PRON GHRN PXL_20220322_214416819-02.jpg

E556265C-C57E-4078-A9F4-6F8FA883EBBC.jpeg

New bike day! The unicorn lives! After trying to order this thing over a year ago, it finally arrived!!! Thanks to Marty’s for wrangling this thing for me! It was on order, then the factory burned down, then I ordered something else. That was never happening, then the original bike I wanted finally showed a possibility of being available.

First ride impressions are really good. I’m comparing it to my Specialized Epic and this so far seems like that bike and 2 more. With the 3 position suspension setup, the versatility is amazing. It feels like a trail bike, race FS bike, and hardtail all in one. I have a bunch of tweaking to do to get it setup the way I need, but I can’t wait to put some more miles on this thing and put it through its paces.

I’ll have 12 hours of Port Jervis coming up to test it out and really see what it can do!

90F9AD8D-6DF0-46B3-BA5E-E3CD07CC95F2.jpeg

View attachment 183443

New bike day! The unicorn lives! After trying to order this thing over a year ago, it finally arrived!!! Thanks to Marty’s for wrangling this thing for me! It was on order, then the factory burned down, then I ordered something else. That was never happening, then the original bike I wanted finally showed a possibility of being available.

First ride impressions are really good. I’m comparing it to my Specialized Epic and this so far seems like that bike and 2 more. With the 3 position suspension setup, the versatility is amazing. It feels like a trail bike, race FS bike, and hardtail all in one. I have a bunch of tweaking to do to get it setup the way I need, but I can’t wait to put some more miles on this thing and put it through its paces.

I’ll have 12 hours of Port Jervis coming up to test it out and really see what it can do!

View attachment 183444
I found out I need a new stem. I know it’s a differerent geometry as things have progressed, but the cockpit is still cramped. I’ll go a little longer than the 65mm that’s on there but not the old 110/120 I used to use. And when did the bars become 35mm?!?! Saddle seems to be in the right spot. If I can get the bars setup right I should be good. Totally different suspension setup too with the 3 position lockout. It’s definitely a more capable bike. But it’s got more switches, which I’m less fond of. I guess that means that I’ll have a used bike for sale soon. Anyone interested in a Specialized Epic FSR?

More details please. Need to do this with my new Pivot. Weight loss progress and I've had to play with setup twice and need to do it again.

thats the output from a shockwiz, phenomenal tuning device to have if you are not super in tune with suspension feel vs adjustments.

thats the output from a shockwiz, phenomenal tuning device to have if you are not super in tune with suspension feel vs adjustments.
Thanks. Familiar with the Shockwiz, just had never seen an example of the data. Pretty in tune with susp feel and adjustment. Just new to the Fox and Pivot recommendations. The Pivot is replacing a '16 Scalpel with a Lefty 2.0. My body weight has dropped almost 20lbs since I took delivery of the bike and have adjusted the suspension 3x already and need to do it again.

More details please. Need to do this with my new Pivot. Weight loss progress and I've had to play with setup twice and need to do it again.
What @shrpshtr325 said. I’ve used this on a bunch of forks, but I’ve never been able to get it this dialed. There were always some settings that I couldn’t adjust.

I had my flip chip in the upright position for Jungle and Ringwood races hoping to take advantage of a higher BB in the rocks. I suppose it helped in that regard, but the bike turns so much better with the chip in the low position. I’ve learned to deal with pedal strikes and I got more enduro ish carbon cranks so hopefully they can take a beating because I’ll probably never ride in the high position again.

two boys, about 11 and 13, trying to keep up with me on the treadmill at the community fitness center. The older kid lasted maybe 5 minutes
I remember that episode.
Best Kramer Karate GIFs | Gfycat

Back
Top Bottom