Park Rat Thread

kaitlyn

Anyone know how the rental bikes are? I did last year on my xc bike, and was underbiked by a lot. It's hard going finding an enduro bike right now.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Anyone know how the rental bikes are? I did last year on my xc bike, and was underbiked by a lot. It's hard going finding an enduro bike right now.
I've always had a good experience renting from MC, although towards the end of the season the bikes are pretty beat up. It's also expensive and can add up real quick if you go often.

robcleary

I think they have new Trek Session's afaik. Just got replaced this past season. I haven't ridden one personally but maybe someone else on the forum has.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I missed the creek season passes and they're sold out. Ugh. Anyone have that back door link that was posted here once last year?

kaitlyn

I've always had a good experience renting from MC, although towards the end of the season the bikes are pretty beat up. It's also expensive and can add up real quick if you go often.
(snort) not as 'spensive as a new bike! I do prefer to own, though

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
True but the resale value on bikes is so good that you can buy a $3k good used bike and sell it 2 seasons later for $2k. So its a grand (plus repairs) and not $3k. So maybe the over/under for buying is 8 rentals.

Andypowerful

This bike is still for sale on Pinkbike. I was at the kids race where GT gave this away to one of the racers. Its been listed since last summer. They go for $3800 new so I'm sure you could offer less. I have the same bike and I love it.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Gwin and others are raising money for the privateers that had their stuff destroyed at windrock over the weekend. If you saw the storm footage it was pretty severe.

I think they are auctioning off signed jerseys for $10 entry fees. Enter at aarongwinmerch.com

Robin

Just saw a post from Creek - that they are "sold out" of season passes for the year - and only triple play/day tickets will be available.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
So tempted to keep bike setup same as last year so can just send on the first run but couldn't resist. Shorter cranks, ochain , stiffer spring , new trp brakes lol that first run hitting covenant should be interesting

Top Bottom