BIYF - 2021/2022 - No Frills

1/4

Broke out the Sleestaks!
and what is that bright thing in the sky?

D9D7B3B1-5048-48EE-A010-7D0ED2A81688.png

I just checked the price on the Lake boots 😲

Are they that much better than Wolvhammers?

FYI - February 8, 2021 was 14° assuming you rode that day.
I tried the Woflhammers & Wolfgars and didn't like how they fit. Too narrow, arch in a weird place & just not comfy.
I have a semi-wide foot and the Lakes fit & feel much better. Seems like overall better quality too.
I have & love the MXZ304 and bought WIDE + 2 sizes larger than normal to ensure good circulation with a pair of thick'ish wool socks.
Def want the MXZ400 asap.
My feet are impossible to keep warm because they sweat so much. Still working on dialing in a system (vapor barrier, don't cut off circulation, moisture management, etc.).

I tried the Woflhammers & Wolfgars and didn't like how they fit. Too narrow, arch in a weird place & just not comfy.
I have a semi-wide foot and the Lakes fit & feel much better. Seems like overall better quality too.
I have & love the MXZ304 and bought WIDE + 2 sizes larger than normal to ensure good circulation with a pair of thick'ish wool socks.
Def want the MXZ400 asap.
My feet are impossible to keep warm because they sweat so much. Still working on dialing in a system (vapor barrier, don't cut off circulation, moisture management, etc.).
Sven highlights an industry wide problem here. Many haven’t evolved to a wider toe box. Kinda like Berks.
E6602B0B-8CFB-4C55-987E-999C849F50E9.png

I use the Lake 303-down to about 35-30, a pair of Wolvhammers down to 10 and then Wolfgar for anything colder. I have yet to use my wolfgar boots. I use a thick wool sock and I also use chemical toe warmers. Sometimes between a sock liner and my wool sock. My toes are never cold.
Sven highlights an industry wide problem here. Many haven’t evolved to a wider toe box. Kinda like Berks.
View attachment 175209

I use the Lake 303-down to about 35-30, a pair of Wolvhammers down to 10 and then Wolfgar for anything colder. I have yet to use my wolfgar boots. I use a thick wool sock and I also use chemical toe warmers. Sometimes between a sock liner and my wool sock. My toes are never cold.
If i could have do over i would go with Lake over the 45nth because of the width they offer.

Have you tried those ignik warmers? They claim they can be used for 8 hours total but after using them they must be repackaged. Just curious cause my feet just cant stay warm at all.

If i could have do over i would go with Lake over the 45nth because of the width they offer.

Have you tried those ignik warmers? They claim they can be used for 8 hours total but after using them they must be repackaged. Just curious cause my feet just cant stay warm at all.
What I think I know and still don't do well:
- Warm legs help warm feet.
- Boots too tight in wrong places cuts blood circulation = cold feet.
- Avoid sweaty feet. Dry boot insulation = warm feet.
- Ventilation helps keep feet/insulation dry.

On the rare occasion my feet are dry, they are warm.
I know a vapor barrier helps keep the insulation dry, but it makes my feet soaking wet.
Tried antiperspirants, but that just makes scented wet feet.

I am usually sensitive to the narrow toe box, but I don't have an issue at all with the Wolvhammers. I have the Redwing ones and they are rather comfortable. They just need a lot of leather care. I just get a 30-pack of toe warmers from Costco and they usually last me the whole season.

1641344717768.png

any chance it was on forrest ave? that road is a mine field! glad you're ok
At the corner of Morningstar Rd and Forest Ave, always a mess. Dude was trying to zip into the Mcdonald’s and I was trying to sneak by on the sidewalk. All’s well that ends well, I usually land hard and pretty much got a complete pass on this one so no complaints

Back
Top Bottom