The Guitar Player Thread.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
This thing came aboot because I pre-ordered an Ibanez MS8 from Guitar Center like 2 months ago to replace my ESP 208. Outside of owning an original RGA8, back in 2010ish, I've not owned a proper 8. And I really like playing an 8. Chris Letchford let me play his Keisel when I saw him with Angel so I knew a Multiscale headless 8 was going into the collection at some point.

Oh yeah, MS8 from 2 months ago. It's part of the "Supply Chain Issues" so, not happening. I just happened to be scrolling through the site and this popped up in the black so I swapped my order over last week, and here it is.

PSX_20211118_083841.jpg

Steve Vai

Also. The new DK24 is up for grabs. I haven't used it for anything the NOVA can't do so it seems a little redundant.

$800, it's basically brand new.

PSX_20210907_084523.jpg

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
it should be pretty easy to get a midi footswitch rigged up. you gonna get the Fortin or Gojira plugins? they sound so dope.

Steve Vai

I put the Gojira Trial on my iMac. Found out my iMac wasn't new enough to run it. Can't Trial on a send computer so I set up the Abasi one, which is so dope. They're 50% off right now so I'm probably gonna get both. I'm gonna download STL too just to try Andy and Angel's packs too. Or for like $200 I can buy all 4 for Black Friday!!

Steve Vai

Hmm might be building myself a modeling setup for Christmas 🤔 I think I’m over playing find the bad patch cable every time I plug into my pedal board.

I was pretty close already with the Katana Amp. You build your own channels with a program on the computer and then transfer them to the amp with a USB Cable. It's mostly the same idea. Here you just run through the laptop into the Katana. I have 1 channel to hear the laptop presets and can still use the 3 other Boss Channels on the amp. I run the signal through a wah, whammy, and tuner pedal before it even hits the interface.

EJphotos

Katana is a great amp for cheap. Love my 100 watt one. I've also been using a Line6 Pod HD500x board into my headphones, that has lots of tones. But I've actually been building a pedalboard back up since getting a Strymon Iridium. Somewhere in between all that, I play the guitar too.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I’ve looked at the katana a hundred times. I should just get one. Now that I’m back in a small apt tho I want a laptop rig I can just play through my studio monitors.

Top Bottom