Car-spotting thread

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
I love the ZLE wing but you absolutely need the car that goes with it.

Coming from a GTI I don't notice the interior, but I also have a 2SS 1LE so it's got Recaros and a nicer interior than an SS.
Agree on the wing, but again, 17 y/o. Surprised to you can actually get the ZL1 package on the 6cyl. I did the 4 piston brembos in front for him. He wants to sell it in the spring and get an 8cyl. Found this on carfax, pretty much exactly what I built online, but 22k miles on a '20. https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/1G1F...O-9uZ0_OyqMWf0PN1Taa5qykPL1qCjsQehN8uwejjXKE8
That's what I see as being the new price for this car. If it was they'd have my money already.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Agree on the wing, but again, 17 y/o. Surprised to you can actually get the ZL1 package on the 6cyl. I did the 4 piston brembos in front for him. He wants to sell it in the spring and get an 8cyl. Found this on carfax, pretty much exactly what I built online, but 22k miles on a '20. https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/1G1F...O-9uZ0_OyqMWf0PN1Taa5qykPL1qCjsQehN8uwejjXKE8
That's what I see as being the new price for this car. If it was they'd have my money already.

You can't. The ZL1 is the supercharged 8cyl. The ZLE is the supercharged 8cyl with the Track Package. If they come down under 60ish it'll be my next car. The '16-18 ZLE is an absolute monster.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My son has a 6. I love the 6 and want one. A new 2ss speced how I want it comes out to almost $53k. I drove one last week. I like everything about it except the price. As much as I love the styling in and out and the performance, and it fits me well, it looks and feels cheap inside. It's just not a $53k feeling car. At that price point (ok $5k more but in the range) I want a Lexus RC 350 F-Sport awd or a BMW M440. I haven't been able to find either local yet to drive. Ledgewood has an m4 with executive pkg for $79k, but I won't spend that on a dd, my pockets aren't that deep.
My kids’ gen6. Don’t be too hard on him, at least he’s getting into cars. Some of the add ons, like the splitter and side skirts are really nice. The wing and canards not so much imho.

At least it's not a Civic. And I hate canards, but at least those blend in on the body lines a bit.

I love the ZLE wing but you absolutely need the car that goes with it.

Coming from a GTI I don't notice the interior, but I also have a 2SS 1LE so it's got Recaros and a nicer interior than an SS.

Recaros are a comfy place to wait for the tow truck courtesy of the Virginia State Police.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Tuesday I was at Princeton Porsche for an annual inspection and oil service. Today I was at Fullerton Chrysler for an oil change (coupon; $45 for full synthetic). The differences were obviously astouding and laughable. As were the costs. I'll post up later when I have the time.

CRUISE

@Magic is requesting a cruise this weekend as a final sendoff for 2021. Any interest? Best weather looks like Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning. It will be more mellow as cold temps don't make for confident handling with Cup 2s.

What say you?

rick81721

Lothar
Tuesday I was at Princeton Porsche for an annual inspection and oil service. Today I was at Fullerton Chrysler for an oil change (coupon; $45 for full synthetic). The differences were obviously astouding and laughable. As were the costs. I'll post up later when I have the time.

CRUISE

@Magic is requesting a cruise this weekend as a final sendoff for 2021. Any interest? Best weather looks like Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning. It will be more mellow as cold temps don't make for confident handling with Cup 2s.

What say you?

Garage:

20211110_130240.jpg

Me:

tenor (10).gif

Top Bottom