Things that make you frown :(

I over-thought it again.

Used the 1up on the wife's car. Got home, my truck was locked, so I put the allen key and lock key somewhere such that I wouldn't lose it.
It's gone.
Been thinking about it for a couple months now. Finally decided to look.
No Beueno.

Just got my notice that my Amazon order was delivered today. I want looking for it and can’t find it. The last time this happened my stuff went to a neighbor up the street. I figured I’d walk the neighbor hood looking for it. I saw the photo UPS took of the delivery and it was a brown house. I found the house and walked up to the door, there were my packages on the kitchen table, they had been brought in the house by the people. Rang the bell, no one home. I’ve never seen or spoken to these people before.
Checked the post office web site for my mail. A package was due to be delivered (a dvd), but was brought back to the post office to be “held at the customers request” what da hell?

Saturday night, right.

Driving my daughter's car and misjudged the milage to empty, got stuck in traffic on the way home and was running on fumes so had to get off 287 at Bedminster. Pulled into the Exxon to this:
View attachment 169038
😡😡😡

never go to that station. i'm not even sure the markup is legal.

Heading to work because catastrophic network failure. After spending the afternoon and evening on the phone with consultants. And while being on vacation. At least I managed to file all my tax forms…
Double frown because the issue was caused by a stupid netgear hub gone loco that should not have been connected to the switch in the first place. Way to spend 5 hours last night plus an early wake and trip to NY for this bulls@@t!

Last edited:
Double frown because the issue was caused by a stupid netgear hub gone loco that should not have been connected to the switch in the first place. Way to spend 5 hours last night plus an early wake and trip to NY for this bulls@@t!
Gotta love it when people bring in there own WiFi? I have seen this happen way too many times

Gotta love it when people bring in there own WiFi? I have seen this happen way too many times.
Worse than that. It was someone from IT that installed it…the silver lining is that now I will have to setup each port of the switch stack to prevent this, or at least I keep telling me that’s good…

Worse than that. It was someone from IT that installed it…the silver lining is that now I will have to setup each port of the switch stack to prevent this, or at least I keep telling me that’s good…

Deny All
Allow
Allow
Allow
Allow

or maybe the more modern

Allow all stations on list
li1
li2

shouldn't be too hard once it is all setup. Good winter project. See ya in the spring. ;)

Deny All
Allow
Allow
Allow
Allow

or maybe the more modern

Allow all stations on list
li1
li2

shouldn't be too hard once it is all setup. Good winter project. See ya in the spring. ;)
I wish, looks like with Cisco switches is a little more involving than that…

Used to be easy. Plug in, only port open was SNMP. Report in, get alert, go from there.
What happened?

Now I'm frowning

That is pretty bad. We just set up port security in our office Friday. No one was in hoping no issues on monday

That is pretty bad. We just set up port security in our office Friday. No one was in hoping no issues on monday
Golden rule is to never install anything on Friday. Unless you don’t mind spending your weekend debugging some weird bug the developers couldn’t be bothered to debug themselves! Or a prosumer cheap hub messes up with your network backbone!

Golden rule is to never install anything on Friday. Unless you don’t mind spending your weekend debugging some weird bug the developers couldn’t be bothered to debug themselves! Or a prosumer cheap hub messes up with your network backbone!

I was just gonna say the same thing we never allow changes on a Friday like that always ends up something is messed up on Monday in CET time zone which then means Major incident call.

We are a small 40 person office no one is in on Friday and Monday is limited staff so it actually works pretty well for us.

Back
Top Bottom