Car-spotting thread

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
lol my wife actually read through her manual in Nov/Dec when she bought the new car she 'wanted to know how to use all her new toys' 🤣

im not sure how far she actually got, but it sure sounded good.

she wanted to know how to turn off auto-engine-stop.....

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Does anyone actually use auto stop.
Had 1 wierdo complain it was not working, we were like yeah, what's the problem??

i dont know anyone personally who does, but then most of my friends fall into the above average intelligence group

However it catches me off guard every time in sitting a light on my bike and hear a car start behind me, i jump EVERY TIME, and it happens alot, so apparently alot of people cant be bothered turning it off (or dont know how) . . . . . .

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i don't even notice it working anymore.
the only time it makes a difference is when i'm the front person at a light, and i cycle the brake
to get the car started again.
gotta be ready to right hook the cyclists.

Dingo

i don't even notice it working anymore.
the only time it makes a difference is when i'm the front person at a light, and i cycle the brake
to get the car started again.
gotta be ready to right hook the cyclists.
The wear and tear on the starter & flywheel is what I don't like about them.

mwlikesbikes

The wear and tear on the starter & flywheel is what I don't like about them.
Does anyone know if this is really an issue with auto stop? My ‘20 F-150 has it, it’s only annoying in stop/start traffic. It’s got the button on the dash to shut it off when I want.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Does anyone actually use auto stop.
Had 1 wierdo complain it was not working, we were like yeah, what's the problem??

Is auto-stop more or less annoying than the 1st to 4th gear skip in the Camaro? Before I figured out how to trick it, I'd just stall out.

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is auto-stop more or less annoying than the 1st to 4th gear skip in the Camaro? Before I figured out how to trick it, I'd just stall out.

You can just pull straight through it to second.(at least with the tremec in my car) Or I least I did a couple times before deleting that 'feature'

Steve Vai

You can just pull straight through it to second.(at least with the tremec in my car) Or I least I did a couple times before deleting that 'feature'

You have to rev out 1st and it goes away. Or start off and coast for a second. I haven't done the mod yet...

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
1st to 4th skip - how does that happen?

EPA mandate for FE iirc, theres a solenoid on the transmission that under light acceleration locks out the gate for second gear, the natural pull puts you into 4th when it happens, and then you have exactly no power for getting through the left turn gap that you were trying to shoot between (idk, thats when it always seemed to happen to me, but i deleted it like a month after i bought the car)

rick81721

Lothar
EPA mandate for FE iirc, theres a solenoid on the transmission that under light acceleration locks out the gate for second gear, the natural pull puts you into 4th when it happens, and then you have exactly no power for getting through the left turn gap that you were trying to shoot between (idk, thats when it always seemed to happen to me, but i deleted it like a month after i bought the car)

Wow that's ridiculous. Never on mine, tho when I first got it I would occasionally shift from 2nd to 5th or 3rd to 6th

Steve Vai

The way I drive it seldom happens, but when it does it's sooo annoying. Is there a fuse you can pull?

It's a little module you plug in under the car. If you just drag launch after every stoplight it doesn't trigger the gas saver mode. Which seriously does what, get me to 12MPG?

Top Bottom