This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lmk when your on tv like those other scientist so I can respect it as much and quote you

I know Rick can be abrasive but he’s pretty much right on this one. I’ll cite the first thing I found from Johns Hopkins which is probably a better source than me you & Rick put together:

At some point we’re gonna take the masks off. To the last point in this article I agree here, where I know Rick does not. This is fine and we just agree to disagree. Since not everyone can get the vaccine yet I’m ok with wearing the mask even though it’s apparently pointless for me. But as soon as the 5+ age group is approved I think it’s time to move forward. That’s expected this summer I believe.

If someone chooses to get the vaccine or not isn’t my concern. I’d rather see everyone get it but I’m good with your right to choose.

I admit that the school issue is a tough one. I applaud Rutgers for being the first to mandate vaccines for 2021/22 enrollment. I’m not sure what the right play is for public grade & high schools because now you have a publicly funded entity no longer allowing one to have the freedom to choose. And even though I disagree with the choice, forcing that hand makes me a little uncomfortable.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
"Operationally, it is very challenging to know who is vaccinated and who is not, so the guidance in public places likely will be slow to change until more people are vaccinated. You can’t expect a cashier to ask for proof of vaccination."

When I got my 2nd shot... the site offered to laminate my vaccination card lol

mfennell

PS NJ is doing a better job at vaccinations vs FL, which is probably why the decline is sharper. Tho I believe FL did better getting the geezers first. To date:

Completely vaccinated, NJ = 37%, FL = 30%
Total people at least partially vaccinated, NJ = 52%, FL = 42%

Fixed that for you.

I just heard on the radio that R0 is 0.5 in NJ. Nice.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I admit that the school issue is a tough one. I applaud Rutgers for being the first to mandate vaccines for 2021/22 enrollment. I’m not sure what the right play is for public grade & high schools because now you have a publicly funded entity no longer allowing one to have the freedom to choose. And even though I disagree with the choice, forcing that hand makes me a little uncomfortable.
Schools already "require" vaccinations for other things like Measles, Mumps, etc. Of course, all you need to do is claim a religious conflict and then they are no longer required. The mechanism is already there, though.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Schools already "require" vaccinations for other things like Measles, Mumps, etc. Of course, all you need to do is claim a religious conflict and then they are no longer required. The mechanism is already there, though.

Just keep in mind that for official (govt at least) situations like schools they cannot (by law according to the emails i have gotten from work) require the vaccine until it recieves final approval.

The emails make it seem like this applies to EVERYONE (public/private ect) but rutgers requiring it makes me think it only applies to public entities (public schools, govt employees ect)

honestly i have no problem with the vaccine being required, we need to get everyone vaccinated (unless you have a legitimate medical reason for not getting it) The religious loophole is a discussion for another day/thread so i wont get into that one here.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
What are all your feelings on children getting the shot? Me, I've got another 20 years +/- in me, so long term side effects aren't that big a factor. But I am concerned about my daughter, and since younger kids are also in the lowest rate of symptoms/death/transmission/what have you it's less imperative. It may come down to the schools requiring it but I'd much prefer for full as opposed to emergency approval.

Reactions: don

rick81721

Lothar
What are all your feelings on children getting the shot? Me, I've got another 20 years +/- in me, so long term side effects aren't that big a factor. But I am concerned about my daughter, and since younger kids are also in the lowest rate of symptoms/death/transmission/what have you it's less imperative. It may come down to the schools requiring it but I'd much prefer for full as opposed to emergency approval.

As you have probably realized by now, I advocate all vaccines. Children should and do get yearly flu vaccines - it saves lives. Once approved, they should get covid vaccines as well. Clinical trials in progress now ages 6m and older. Looks like results/approval end of 2021 or early 2022.

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covi...na-launches-clinical-trials-on-young-children

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
At some point we’re gonna take the masks off.
Not wearing a mask was a political statement. Now not wearing a mask is going to be a political statement.

Personally, I say fuck political statements.

rick81721

Lothar
I'm from corporate, and I'm here to help.

Back to normal - yes! Maybe we will stay down here for good and let stinkin nj wallow in restrictions and masks ad infinitum!

Top Bottom