Allaire Conditions

Frank

Sasquatch
5090471827_68e49c54be_b.jpg

Dingo

I’ve never seen anything like what we saw today. We did not park there but did drive by it. Nuts.
Last weekend was 10X worse. I don't get how vehicles are parked along Hospital rd, with no parking signs on every pole. Rules, we don't need no stinkin rules. Same chit near my house, tiny township green acres park. Cars parked in no parking area rutting up the grass. The cops come, stop and look, and continue on to dunkin donuts. It's crazy.

thegock

Last weekend was 10X worse. I don't get how vehicles are parked along Hospital rd, with no parking signs on every pole. Rules, we don't need no stinkin rules. Same chit near my house, tiny township green acres park. Cars parked in no parking area rutting up the grass. The cops come, stop and look, and continue on to dunkin donuts. It's crazy.

I was worried that yesterday was worse than Saturday 3/6/21 based on @ Norm post. Last weekend was the worst ever, cuz 1. Permafrost covered everything north 2. Spring fever. 3. NICA teams prepping for the first season in two years. 4. Pand3mic

Not only was every place on Hospital Rd that could possibly store a car full, but the crowds near the lot were Mumbai density. Fortunately, Allaire has a ton of other parking.

PXL_20210306_163809883-02.jpeg

When you get away from the parking lot, no one around, doe.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Each one of those tickets has some paper work associated with it, so can only do so much at a time.

stilluf

On Sunday, we went early, but not early enough. Main lot was packed by 845, so we parked at the smaller lot by the bridge on Hospital Rd. That was pretty full by the time we finished at 1230.
Conditions were excellent; Allaire did not disappoint! Yes trail traffic was busier than I've previously experienced here but everyone was courteous and overall no problems.

Ian F

I went to Allaire on Sunday for the first time in around 20 years... was supposed to meet up with some other Philly peeps but they bailed on me, so I ended up just tagging onto another group. Sounded great (one was even an ex-DHer I raced against a few years ago - he recognized the XXL colors) until they were in way better shape than I am right now and eventually I got dropped in the middle of the woods. Fortunately, with so many folks around, you didn't have to wait too long before running into someone who knew where they were. Definitely fun trails and I look forward to going back with friends and when I'm feeling stronger (this was only my second ride on dirt since Oct). Preferably with a guide who knows a good loop.

The Hospital Rd lot was packed, but I lucked out and got a parking spot despite arriving at 10:30. Was thankful for the facilities, although it's definitely BYOTP, which I fortunately keep in my pack.

mfennell

Definitely fun trails and I look forward to going back with friends and when I'm feeling stronger (this was only my second ride on dirt since Oct). Preferably with a guide who knows a good loop.
That makes all the difference. I can get around and am gradually learning but know a handful of people who know every inch of the place. Maybe I'm just really bad about learning trails. On Saturday, my friend Jim took the lead and I made a mental note to hit a particular trail (M7) that's two minutes out of the lot. 24 hours later, it still took me 3 tries to get it right!

stilluf

I went to Allaire on Sunday for the first time in around 20 years... was supposed to meet up with some other Philly peeps but they bailed on me, so I ended up just tagging onto another group. Sounded great (one was even an ex-DHer I raced against a few years ago - he recognized the XXL colors) until they were in way better shape than I am right now and eventually I got dropped in the middle of the woods. Fortunately, with so many folks around, you didn't have to wait too long before running into someone who knew where they were. Definitely fun trails and I look forward to going back with friends and when I'm feeling stronger (this was only my second ride on dirt since Oct). Preferably with a guide who knows a good loop.

The Hospital Rd lot was packed, but I lucked out and got a parking spot despite arriving at 10:30. Was thankful for the facilities, although it's definitely BYOTP, which I fortunately keep in my pack.
We may have seen your group; were some of them wearing Elevation Zero kits? IF yes, I noticed that the group was one member short second time around. :cool:

Ian F

We may have seen your group; were some of them wearing Elevation Zero kits? IF yes, I noticed that the group was one member short second time around. :cool:
I honestly don't remember. I don't think any of them were wearing similar kit. I was in my orange/black XXL jacket for the first half of the ride and then the "beer glass" XXL jersey for the second half (after I lost the group). The other guy who got dropped and I ended up following two women back to the lot via a meandering route. I then followed them to the lot where they were parked as it was closer to the "dinosaur" art installation I wanted to check out. Then I used my Elemnt ride map to get me back to my van.

After two days in a row riding on dirt for the first time in months, my arms, shoulders and back are wiped out. Fortunately, my separated shoulder doesn't feel bad.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions