This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

that parking lot at Joey's in Clifton in the 80s/90s!

and the cavaricci's!

you youngsters missed a magical time :D
Joey's!! That's the first place when I really felt old, compared to the rest of the patrons and I was only 30! I think everybody in there had a fake ID and most of the guys were wearing mesh shirts, nobody wanted to see me in a mesh shirt!

I love the logic. The people that are the greatest at risk either don't have access to email, don't know how to use email, or cannot figure out how to create a login to a website. OK... let's build a website.

Kid in our town built a twitter bot to send out vaccine information. Okay that's truly amazing, but the greatest risk group doesn't use twitter.

What we needed initially was our local town governments to go door to door for this older population and get them signed up. One person in our town took the initiative and did this exact thing and everyone that wanted the vaccine in that group is now vaccinated.

My own mother in law just kept plugging her email address into the login and was hysterically crying that she hasn't gotten a response. I asked her, "did you create an account so that you could login?" Crickets.... "Okay, I'll handle everything from here" Got her scheduled the next week.

I agree it has been a complete disaster, but it's better than in a lot of countries, which is mind blowing. I'm hopeful though that things will pick up on the distribution end.

Can I adopt you?

My first car was a ‘68 RS/SS F-body that I bought at 16 yo with no motor. Built dat bitch up with a tree fiddy and a Crane Fireball, put a new top on dat babbboy, added a power steering box with a junkyard pump on it and drove it like I stole it. Gotta scan some pix back from Polaroid daze. Blew up the 3 spd, blew up the replacement 3rd hand unknown vintage M-22 rock crusha, got another 3 spd and sold it. Big mistake, shoulda kep it.

Last edited:
I think little people were 1C. Jim's close enough.

I said that in my profession being 10lbs overweight is considered morbidly obese.

Real talk. There's a scroll down, the last line is "None of the Above", click that, you're in.

Yup - by some measures the US has given more than 2x the vaccinations than any other country. And that treats the EU as a country.

Yeah I don't get the silly criticism that the US vaccination effort is a disaster, as if vaccinating half the population in a few months is an easy task. The only big country doing a better job is the UK, and our logistics are much more challenging. I have no idea why the rest of EU is going so slowly

I went through 3 F bodies. 78 Firebird, 82 Z28 Indy 500 pace car edition, 86 WS6 Trans Am. As for the sign up of older people, we did do a telephone line. but lets just say it was not up to par.

Yeah I don't get the silly criticism that the US vaccination effort is a disaster, as if vaccinating half the population in a few months is an easy task. The only big country doing a better job is the UK, and our logistics are much more challenging. I have no idea why the rest of EU is going so slowly

There's definitely more we could be doing though. I was the last appointment yesterday and they still had 20 Vaccines left over. The lady said a lot of people get multiple appointments all over and just abandon the others. Then on the sites it'll say everything is booked when really they have extra. 20 at every place doing it adds up to an awful lot of waste in the system.

That is the issue everybody is facing. Its such a waste. What is happening is that the people at the sites are asking friends family etc to be ready to come in and get a vaccination. And remember the more people who have it the better it is. Not just because that person will have less of a chance of using up hospital resources or even death, but its also helps with reducing the chances that the virus will mutate and then past along

That is the issue everybody is facing. Its such a waste. What is happening is that the people at the sites are asking friends family etc to be ready to come in and get a vaccination. And remember the more people who have it the better it is. Not just because that person will have less of a chance of using up hospital resources or even death, but its also helps with reducing the chances that the virus will mutate and then past along

Part of the logistics issues with vaccines that have to be used after deep freeze. More approvals like J&J will help alleviate

Would be nice if they had a stand-by list and those people waited outside at the end of the day. Especially as those 20 wasted vaccines aren't the last 20 appointments of the day, I'm sure they realize throughout the day that they will have a bunch leftover.
Exactly. Can’t we set up a text list?
And by we, I mean they.

Back
Top Bottom