Glen Park Stroudsburg, PA

DanBrodeen

Glen Park is all about the downhills. Lots of history dating back to late 80s. The Pocono Bike Club has been maintaining and updating the trails. In 2017 we hosted 3 enduro races. Two were Mid Atlantic Super Series and one was the Eastern States Cup. We will be hosting these races once again for 2018. If you are looking for trails that offer jumps, drops, chutes, etc. you gotta check out Glen Park. Happy to answer any questions about the park. To keep up to date on events, trail conditions, and rides follow the Pocono Bike Club on Facebook.

The first segment in this Pivot Reynolds Enduro Team video I filmed at Glen Park. https://www.pinkbike.com/news/day-trip-with-pivot-reynolds-enurdo-video.html

Robin

Kudos to PBC for keeping these trails in great shape. Trails were in GREAT shape yesterday - some are still clear/leaf-free from the Enduro a few weeks ago. This place has definitely become one of my favorite places to shred.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Does anyone have a conditions report? I'll be in the Poconos for Thanksgiving and am thinking of braving the cold to get a ride in Thursday morning.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
I cant speak for Glen Park’s current conditions but it’s pretty steep in there so most trails drain quickly. Poconos got a decent amount of snow last week but it’s largely melted at our place further out and higher up so Stroudsburg should be ok. If you’re looking for Enduro style riding then that’s the place but again very tough climbs.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I've never ridden there but from the look s of Trailforks there is one trail that looks to be the climb and 4 or 5 different trails that get ridden downhill. Even steep tough climbs are better than sitting on my in-laws' couch.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I pop my first mtb "oh fuck" cherry there in 1992 on my trek 970. It was on a regular rotation when I lived in Pa.

Reactions: Tim

Tim

aka sptimmy43
That place could be steep ICE on Thursday and Friday. Bit of a different challenge.
Damn. That’s not what I want to hear. Just got to the in-laws in Bushkill. Not really any snow here. I guess I’ll get all bundled up in the am and make the trip down there and see. Worst case I can just bag it.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
If you want more traditional riding you might want to try Jacobsburg State Park between Stroudsburg and Easton? Trails can be found on Trailforks. Good luck either way, def better than being on the couch!

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Glen Park was frozen solid. Pretty much ice free except for some holes on the double track. All the single track was in great shape. The trails used for the enduro races were still pretty leaf free which was an added bonus. It’s definitely a fun place to ride once you figure out the lay of the land. Next time I’ll make better use of my time. I took a much harder route to the top on my first 2 “laps.”

If you want more traditional riding you might want to try Jacobsburg State Park between Stroudsburg and Easton? Trails can be found on Trailforks. Good luck either way, def better than being on the couch!
I rode Jacobsburg once last year. It’s about an hour drive from my in-laws whereas glen park is only about 25 minutes. I’ve had the glen on my list of places to check out for a while. Glad I finally did!

Top Bottom