Car-spotting thread

Imola Red interior much nicer IMO.

P90364252-the-2020-bmw-edition-m-heritage-european-spec-seat-stitching-shown-599px.jpg

Leaning back to bimmer again? What's the motor in there?

S55. 444hp. Same motor in the M2Comp, but in the M2Comp it's detuned to 405hp.

So someone buys this car and then Immediately lists it for rent by total strangers ?

😱

100%. Still had a temp tag in the window. Never even met the guy; keys were in it parked at his friends transmission shop. Crazy, right?? I met him when I got back with his car. 184 miles later.

Imola Red interior much nicer IMO.

P90364252-the-2020-bmw-edition-m-heritage-european-spec-seat-stitching-shown-599px.jpg

Bridgewater BMW has one with this interior. Gorgeous. $90,000. They can keep it for 90.

So the car was really nice. We (C6Z06 Bill and I) hustled down to Algar Ferrari on the Main Line to see a Lava Orange 991.1 GT3RS. Seats were very comfortable, so no issue at all there. The S55 is a little peaky; there is a little lag at lower RPMs. More than my M2. My M2 was pretty linear for a turbo. The detuned S55 in M2Comp supposedly feels more linear as the peak boost is lower. The M4 S55 pulls REALLY hard above 5000 RPM. It's plenty plenty fast. There really is no need for more power on public roadways.

The sound is MEH. It's really not bad but it's not sonorous like the N55/LT1/GTS4.0/GT4. It's loud enough, just not terribly enjoyable. I tried to pull the fuse for the interior sound crap through the stereo but couldn't figure out which it was. It wasn't the same fuse as in my M2. It made a big difference in the M2 when I bypassed that amplifier. Anyway, not a deal killer but it ain't no GT3 soundtrack.

The active suspension was nothing to note. Comfort was fine and I was able to take ramps and curves at serious speeds without my teeth chattering on potholes. Maybe the 20-inch wheels contributed. I'm glad the M2C has a standard suspension.

Overall, we both though it was a great car. I'm sure the M2Comp would be very enjoyable. And $25,000 less than the M4 Heritage cars.

The GT3RS...

It was beautful, the interior is so sublime. So much want. This particular car had a nasty ding on the rear quarter and a deep chip in the front bumper cover under the PPF (or through it). The Ferrari GM was pissed about the ding; apparently that wasn't there a few weeks before. Of course I saw it immediately. The car has so much presence..it truly would be a halo car for me.

S55. 444hp. Same motor in the M2Comp, but in the M2Comp it's detuned to 405hp.

100%. Still had a temp tag in the window. Never even met the guy; keys were in it parked at his friends transmission shop. Crazy, right?? I met him when I got back with his car. 184 miles later.

Bridgewater BMW has one with this interior. Gorgeous. $90,000. They can keep it for 90.

So the car was really nice. We (C6Z06 Bill and I) hustled down to Algar Ferrari on the Main Line to see a Lava Orange 991.1 GT3RS. Seats were very comfortable, so no issue at all there. The S55 is a little peaky; there is a little lag at lower RPMs. More than my M2. My M2 was pretty linear for a turbo. The detuned S55 in M2Comp supposedly feels more linear as the peak boost is lower. The M4 S55 pulls REALLY hard above 5000 RPM. It's plenty plenty fast. There really is no need for more power on public roadways.

The sound is MEH. It's really not bad but it's not sonorous like the N55/LT1/GTS4.0/GT4. It's loud enough, just not terribly enjoyable. I tried to pull the fuse for the interior sound crap through the stereo but couldn't figure out which it was. It wasn't the same fuse as in my M2. It made a big difference in the M2 when I bypassed that amplifier. Anyway, not a deal killer but it ain't no GT3 soundtrack.

The active suspension was nothing to note. Comfort was fine and I was able to take ramps and curves at serious speeds without my teeth chattering on potholes. Maybe the 20-inch wheels contributed. I'm glad the M2C has a standard suspension.

Overall, we both though it was a great car. I'm sure the M2Comp would be very enjoyable. And $25,000 less than the M4 Heritage cars.

The GT3RS...

It was beautful, the interior is so sublime. So much want. This particular car had a nasty ding on the rear quarter and a deep chip in the front bumper cover under the PPF (or through it). The Ferrari GM was pissed about the ding; apparently that wasn't there a few weeks before. Of course I saw it immediately. The car has so much presence..it truly would be a halo car for me.
My client had a 991 gt3rs that I got some seat time in on the street. That car does everything right. Comfortable, driver focused interior where the car just melts around you when you're in it. Perfect seating, visibility and the induction noise from those intake vents behind the driver is incredible. The whole driving experience has to be felt to understand it. Absolute driving perfection. I should also note, he had his car when the RS market was going crazy and people where paying around or over msrp on used cars. That car for that price is a steal!

The GT3RS...

InfatuatedWarmGrizzlybear-size_restricted.gif

@Carson spot on re the M4. S55 is a gem, seats are comfy and supportive, suspension firm but forgiving.... but exhaust note could use a lot more rumble or throaty-ness. It’s best in Sport+ but still needs work. Curious though if that was truly #1 of the heritage editions or just one of them?

My client had a 991 gt3rs that I got some seat time in on the street. That car does everything right. Comfortable, driver focused interior where the car just melts around you when you're in it. Perfect seating, visibility and the induction noise from those intake vents behind the driver is incredible. The whole driving experience has to be felt to understand it. Absolute driving perfection. I should also note, he had his car when the RS market was going crazy and people where paying around or over msrp on used cars. That car for that price is a steal!

February 2020 I saw a Lava Orange 991.1 GT3RS. PCCB, full PFF, sofa seats, 7K miles. Needed rear tires. $148,000. Since then the market has gone up about 10 to 15%. I wish I jumped on it then!

This is the car in question. Yes, the front axle lift is activated.

1605721739312.png

February 2020 I saw a Lava Orange 991.1 GT3RS. PCCB, full PFF, sofa seats, 7K miles. Needed rear tires. $148,000. Since then the market has gone up about 10 to 15%. I wish I jumped on it then!

View attachment 143586

Also, I applaud your choice of colors. When you get a proper sports car, it has to be loud and flashy. Today I was fueling up and a Huracan Performante came screaming by. Except for the giant black wing in the back, it was all white. By far, the worst sports car color ever. It boggles the mind that someone would drop $300K on a car and get it in white!

View attachment 143586
i haven't been following the 991 RS market recently and when you posted the ad i was blown away by the price! When i was looking maybe a year ago they were still close to msrp, and Just months ago that was 997 RS money. Porsche keeps on pumping the market with new RS cars and looks like they earlier models should be coming down in price because of it. Great for mere mortals who can now almost afford a halo car.

i haven't been following the 991 RS market recently and when you posted the ad i was blown away by the price! When i was looking maybe a year ago they were still close to msrp, and Just months ago that was 997 RS money. Porsche keeps on pumping the market with new RS cars and looks like they earlier models should be coming down in price because of it. Great for mere mortals who can now almost afford a halo car.

Agreed. The 991.2 are still 200+ and the 992 RS are less than a year or so away. Now is a good time to find a 991.1 CPO, though, and get a nice long warranty from Porsche with it.

@jimvreeland

@Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Be interesting to see what that Z28 sells for. It's a weird Model because it's so track specific. Most people would buy the ZL1/1LE instead.

Back
Top Bottom