This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

It means out of the roughly 20,000 that got the actual vaccine, 96 were infected with covid-19. With most vaccines, even if you still get the disease, it's usually milder case.

Long-term effects? They will know in a few years. If you're worried about vaccine side effects, don't get it. I'm not.
Wait, aren’t you the one that will take anything because it can’t hurt?

Took my 2nd test for COVID this past Tuesday as I had close contact.
Got the result on Thursday and it came back negative. I am pretty sure I have immunity due to kimchee.

I am kidding about the kimchee part... just in case ppl misread my attempt at humor and yes I know about the 10-15% margin of error for false negatives

Last edited:
Got the result on Thursday and it came back negative. I am pretty sure I have immunity due to kimchee.

I am kidding about the kimchee part... just in case ppl misread my attempt at humor and yes I know about the 10-15% margin of error for false negatives

kimchee is actually a masking agent for covid.
erybody knows that.

I've taken 4 or 5 tests so far as I constantly need recent negative test results for access to work properties, and all were negative. And this week our company informed us that we will have the ability to test every two weeks with at home swab tests that come auto generated (and mailed back) to LabCorp. I haven't had kimchee but I assumed beer was the antidote? JK...sort of...I thinks DIPA has been somewhat effective. I am in Gotham every day in the academic medical centers so will take my company up on this offer if nothing else than to make me feel better and those I interact with more comfortable (+/- 10% lol). Zero qualms whatsoever...

A friend of mine stopped over the WHQ on Friday. His wife is a doctor in a large, central NJ hospital. He said that in September they had no C19 patients. Two weeks ago they had 30 C19 patients and Thursday there were 50 beds filled. That’s what exponential growth looks like.

Meanwhile, on November 1 in #6,012, a poster pasted up two graphs of case counts and deaths in NJ. The deaths looked relatively flat in comparison to the new cases. Two weeks later the 7DMA of new deaths (Worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/new-jersey) has gone from 9 to 19. New cases 7DMA has increased over those two weeks from 1,678 to 3,486 (208%.) My reading of various sources in the last two weeks is that the current scientific estimate of the lag between new C19 infections and deaths is 3 to 4 weeks.

Of course, leadership matters:

“The only way this stops is if people rise up,”

Above was a tweet yesterday by Dr. Scott Atlas, a tRUMP surrogate, about new public health restrictions in Michigan. Scaramucci said it best today in the Washington Post about the idiot-in-chief:

“His die-hard supporters will tell you he’s playing four-dimensional chess,” Scaramucci said, “but all of us really know he’s eating the chess pieces…”

Last edited:
A friend of mine stopped over the WHQ on Friday. His wife is a doctor in a large, central NJ hospital. He said that in September they had no C19 patients. Two weeks ago they had 30 C19 patients and Thursday there were 50 beds filled. That’s was exponential growth looks like.

Meanwhile, on November 1 in #6,012, a poster pasted up two graphs of case counts and deaths in NJ. The deaths looked relatively flat in comparison to the new cases. Two weeks later the 7DMA of new deaths (Worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/new-jersey) has gone from 9 to 19. New cases 7DMA has increased over those two weeks from 1,678 to 3,486 (208%.) My reading of various sources in the last two weeks is that the current scientific estimate of the lag between new C19 infections and deaths is 3 to 4 weeks.

Of course, leadership matters:

“The only way this stops is if people rise up,”

Above was a tweet yesterday by Dr. Scott Atlas, a tRUMP surrogate, about new public health restrictions in Michigan. Scaramucci said it best today in the Washington Post about the idiot-in-chief:

“His die-hard supporters will tell you he’s playing four-dimensional chess,” Scaramucci said, “but all of us really know he’s eating the chess pieces…”
What exactly does people rising up look like, and what are they supposed to be rising up against? Coming from a place where the people actually rose up, I'd like to know what that is supposed to look like here.

new jersey -
nobody said it wouldn't go up - my claim is that it isn't going to be a mortality rate of 8-10% of confirmed cases
like the first wave.

first wave looks significantly different.

What is going to get f-up is the hospital situation. No beds -> people dying that don't have to.

1605530072345.png

the 90 day rate is showing the lag right now - the IMR is going down because cases are going up faster than deaths.
when the deaths catch up it will stabilize. This is the cumulative graphs of percent deaths/confirmed. One since the beginning of time,
one for the trailing 30 days using last 90 to calculate.

1605530229754.png

Compare to TX - which didn't have the initial spike in deaths because of policy and/or limited testing.

1605530389119.png

What exactly does people rising up look like, and what are they supposed to be rising up against? Coming from a place where the people actually rose up, I'd like to know what that is supposed to look like here.
My guess is that tweet was calling for more deplorables to come up with more kidnapping/death plots against Gretchen Whitmer. It's disgusting, immoral behavior if you ask me.

On a positive note, the Moderna vaccine looks successful as well. That makes 2 with more likely on the way. Let’s see how bad we fuck this up.

And @gock I knew that post would bug you

With the approval of Veklury, hospital stays are shorter and mortality rates lower according to the clinical data. Could be a driver behind the change in rates from the first wave.

“In the randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled ACTT-1 trial, Veklury significantly improved time to recovery as compared to placebo – by five days in the overall study population (10 vs. 15 days; rate ratio, 1.29; 95% CI, 1.12 to 1.49; p<0.001) and seven days in patients who required oxygen support at baseline (11 vs. 18 days; rate ratio, 1.31; 95% CI, 1.12 to 1.52). As a secondary endpoint, Veklury also reduced disease progression in patients needing oxygen, resulting in a significantly lower incidence of new mechanical ventilation or ECMO (13% vs. 23%; 95% CI, -15 to -4). In the overall patient population, there was a trend toward reduced mortality with Veklury compared with placebo at Day 29 (11.4% vs. 15.2%, HR 0.73; 95% CI, 0.52 to 1.03). Additional mortality data from a post-hoc analysis were published in the New England Journal of Medicineon October 8, 2020.”

Last edited:
My guess is that tweet was calling for more deplorables to come up with more kidnapping/death plots against Gretchen Whitmer. It's disgusting, immoral behavior if you ask me.

Ya gotta wonder if people are looking at the numbers ?
1 in 100 confirmed are dying in MI. I guess the argument is that they just deny it, or dismiss it as they were going to die anyway cause they had
something else (ie obesity?) and the drs are blaming covid because of the bonus check they receive (#moreFakeNews)

the dakotas are approaching 10% of the population confirmed. same 1% ish number.

otoh, we do need to support the people that are in deep trouble if the paychecks stop.
They would tend to go out and riot...and then blame someone, rather than figure out how to fix it
(perhaps by wearing masks, and not hanging out at bars?)

vicious circle.

You mean the same "deplorables" that had Trump on the kidnap list? Silly

You mean the same "deplorables" that had Trump on the kidnap list? Silly
@rick81721 is not in the wrong here

That group needs a serious mental health intervention. Probably as much as us!

@rick81721 is not in the wrong here

That group needs a serious mental health intervention. Probably as much as us!

Mrs. G did reference the Wolverine Watchmen with respect to my latest iteration (Lemmy Kilmister) of C19 facial hair.

GOTH BARB -6154620124026978704 (1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom