Parvin State Park Conditions

kjarrett

Excellent overall; mostly dry, several damp spots but only a few muddy sections, even on the Red trail. Plenty of hoof tracks, only one gigantic pile of manure mid-trail, easy to avoid.

The Parvin Lake Trail (Green) would be fun to blast in the winter when it isn't so lush (trails can be narrow with blind corners).

Place was packed (Labor Day Holiday weekend, duh) ... lots of hikers / dog walkers / fishermen, but only a few other cyclists. Quite a few people camping as well.

Made some reptile friends - water snakes, I'm guessing?

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 203
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 175

pibbles

It's my Birthday!
Excellent overall; mostly dry, several damp spots but only a few muddy sections, even on the Red trail. Plenty of hoof tracks, only one gigantic pile of manure mid-trail, easy to avoid.

The Parvin Lake Trail (Green) would be fun to blast in the winter when it isn't so lush (trails can be narrow with blind corners).

Place was packed (Labor Day Holiday weekend, duh) ... lots of hikers / dog walkers / fishermen, but only a few other cyclists. Quite a few people camping as well.

Made some reptile friends - water snakes, I'm guessing?
Red trail was closed when I was running the other day and is for equestrian only

kjarrett

Red trail was closed when I was running the other day and is for equestrian only

Oooof ... awesome. :/ Wish I’d paid more attention. From today’s ride:

Seems clear enough: Red, bidirectional, equestrian only; Yellow, one way, all uses. Correct? I was on Yellow when I took this but was definitely on Red for a bit.

pibbles

It's my Birthday!
red trail horses only, they can give more info inside I don't ride there just run, gets too crowded and no room for hikers and cyclist, if you are in south jersey belleplain is much better 10+ miles of trail although recent storms will have me out with the saw and axe this week and chiggers are no joke....

kjarrett

red trail horses only, they can give more info inside I don't ride there just run, gets too crowded and no room for hikers and cyclist, if you are in south jersey belleplain is much better 10+ miles of trail although recent storms will have me out with the saw and axe this week and chiggers are no joke....

Thanks, I will check out Belleplain when Chiggers season is over, when would that be approximately?

pibbles

It's my Birthday!
I go with 1st frost but lots of stuff in the way right now. Usually not a problem if you keep moving and spray up, but the trees and limbs down are makin it tough/ impossible to not stop and get off.

Rocks & Water

I'm not far at all from there, yes chiggers and ticks big time there. I stay away in till a good frost! Did at times talk to some of the park people about trail work but the thing with all the red tape. At the end of talking about it we look at each other and end up shaking our heads.

pibbles

It's my Birthday!
I'm not far at all from there, yes chiggers and ticks big time there. I stay away in till a good frost! Did at times talk to some of the park people about trail work but the thing with all the red tape. At the end of talking about it we look at each other and end up shaking our heads.
Posted up under belleplain other day maint happenin on Tuesday Jorba/south jersey wheelman mowin and tree removal/reroute

Top Bottom