YSC Tour De Pink

Glenlivet12

Hey Everyone,

This October Lisa (Pittygirl) and I are riding in the YSC Tour de Pink. We are going to be riding over 200 miles from Hershey World in PA to Mercer County Park. We need your help to raise $2,500 EACH for Young Survival Coalition, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping young women affected by breast cancer. YSC offers resources, connections and outreach so women feel supported, empowered and hopeful. Please support our effort to help ensure that no young woman faces breast cancer alone by becoming one of our sponsors. Whatever you can give will make a profound difference. All donations are tax deductible.

Please visit our fundraising page where you can learn more and make a secure online donation:
www.ysctourdepink.org/goto/BillandLisa
-You will have to choose one of us to donate to by clicking on our name on our homepage.

For more info on Young Survival Coalition click the link below.
www.youngsurvival.org

PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks for your support.
Bill & Lisa

Last edited:
Awesome to hear. I will be riding only day 2 due to some other conflicts. Hope to see you out there.

How close are you to your goal?

I'm about 35% to my goal and Lisa is at 56%. We are going to start fundraising a bit more seriously now that the clock is ticking down... Up until now we haven't done much other than a few FB posts and this thread. I think if we get a bit more active with our fundraising we should be good.

We also have to start putting in more miles on the bike. The YSC website recomeds riders start training around June. They say you need to keep at least a 12mph pace which i'm not concerned with but neither of us have ridden over 60 miles in a day. Then we have to do it again for two more days. We've done several social rides that were 30-40 miles with a 15mph average and have felt strong afterwards so I think its just a matter of riding more and getting used to the longer distances. There are tons of good training threads around we will need to start reading through to get an idea of what we should be doing.

Longer rides at a slower pace are going to be your bread and butter. How is the terrain out that way?

I hear the first two days have a bunch of rollers. It looks like the path takes us more or less in, a little north, but parallel of Rt. 76 from Hershey to the King of Prussia area on the first day. THen up north of Quakertown and over towards Frenchtown and down 32 to Lambertville and on to Trenton the second day. Sunday, the last day, we ride from Trenton to Mercer County Park which shouldn't be to bad other than the fact we'll be riding for two days prior.

I'm 51% to the $2500 minimum I need w/ about 75 days left. I'm over the hump! Lisa is at about 56% of the minimum needed... I'm catching up!

Ok, I finally donated. Sorry it took so long to get around to it. You guys aren't noisy enough about it :)

Back
Top Bottom