XC Mountain Bike Schedule for 2023 (Schedule on 1st Post)

That is incorrect only pro
It’s semi-true as cat 1/pro can buy a one day pass only 1 time per year and it’s now $35.
F25D415F-136B-4BD9-A7B8-842B095F91BD.png

I just renewed. $110. Considering what I pay for my “race” bike, it’s seriously a negligible amount to pay. The only part on my bike that cost less than that were my grips.

H2H is the local series and I’m going to support as many of the races in this series as I can. In fact I’ll probably be more motivated to race H2H because they are USAC races!

I just renewed. $110. Considering what I pay for my “race” bike, it’s seriously a negligible amount to pay. The only part on my bike that cost less than that were my grips.

H2H is the local series and I’m going to support as many of the races in this series as I can. In fact I’ll probably be more motivated to race H2H because they are USAC races!
Good on you! I'll race one h2h most likely and it would stink to have to pay $110 plus race fee. I'll support MASS for the exact opposite reason. They are not USAC races and it's cheaper to race them. Well, most, Iron Furnace costs more for me because GAS MONEY. Just one question and an honest one. MASS obviously does not use USAC so what benefits does USAC bring to h2h?

what benefits does USAC bring to h2h?
If I understand what you’re asking, then the benefit of a USAC race is earning points to get a better start position at Nationals.

I have no idea how big a field there will be, nor how they will stage. So not sure there will be that much of a benefit. But I’m pretty sure masters categories need to qualify and you do that by earning points at USAC races.

If I understand what you’re asking, then the benefit of a USAC race is earning points to get a better start position at Nationals.

I have no idea how big a field there will be, nor how they will stage. So not sure there will be that much of a benefit. But I’m pretty sure masters categories need to qualify and you do that by earning points at USAC races.
No, my question was sort of what benefits does USAC bring to the bulk of people that pay for it ion h2h? If it's solely an insurance for the event thing I wonder how MASS and the other promoters get out from that umbrella. I raced 40-49 last year and I don't believe that I qualified anywhere? That was marathon nationals though.

No, my question was sort of what benefits does USAC bring to the bulk of people that pay for it ion h2h? If it's solely an insurance for the event thing I wonder how MASS and the other promoters get out from that umbrella. I raced 40-49 last year and I don't believe that I qualified anywhere? That was marathon nationals though.

You get all those "desirable" member benefits.

As part of the group that puts on the Summer Sizzler of the MASS series, we still need to get insurance. There are several different insurance companies that provide coverage for race events. The location of the event sets the amount of coverage required to hold the event on the property.

That being said, the date published above in the 1st post for the Summer Sizzler (7/9/23) is probably going to change. With MTB Nationals scheduled 7/5 - 7/9, looking at alternate dates. Will post up as soon as we know.

The H2H series promoter more or less mandates USAC because he believes in their mission statement. I can respect that, regardless of my agreement with it.

Without that H2H series promoter the series doesn't happen. It would have died years ago. It's really as simple as that.

The H2H series promoter more or less mandates USAC because he believes in their mission statement. I can respect that, regardless of my agreement with it.

Without that H2H series promoter the series doesn't happen. It would have died years ago. It's really as simple as that.

So instead of that promoter putting their own money where their mouth is and donating to USAC, they make everyone else give money to it, even if they don't agree.... Pretty much sums up my disdain for mandates and people who enforce them. Sorry, but I have to disagree and cannot respect that.

So instead of that promoter putting their own money where their mouth is and donating to USAC, they make everyone else give money to it, even if they don't agree.... Pretty much sums up my disdain for mandates and people who enforce them. Sorry, but I have to disagree and cannot respect that.

Your logic leaves out that the H2H series dies without the support. If he takes his money and just donates to USAC, the H2H series goes away.

This is no different than organizations matching donations.

Back
Top Bottom