XC Mountain Bike Schedule for 2023 (Schedule on 1st Post)

Not XC, but MASS just announced the locations of the new Enduro races on facebook:

Enduro Announcements - After several months of discussions we are happy to announce 2 new MASS Enduros. Sunday June 25th will be the Pig Iron Enduro in Danville PA. Sunday August 13th will be an Enduro at the Greek Peak Mountain Resort in New York. We will get out more details once we get these up on BikeReg.

I'm confused you buy a license and pay a huge entry fee for Nationals but harpoon H2H USAC races?
A national level event is worth it twice in my lifetime solely because it’s close to my house. It’s obvious usac doesn’t care about mtb like they do road and cx. Paying for a full license for one race is silly.

A national level event is worth it twice in my lifetime solely because it’s close to my house. It’s obvious usac doesn’t care about mtb like they do road and cx. Paying for a full license for one race is silly.

Since X/C Nationals is close to your house the next 2 years you can make it 4 in a row:). Most road & cx racers would say USAC doesn't care about them either.

At least you’re a principled hypocrite
Kirt, No different than if they had nats at chimney rock. I would have done it then as well. Am I not allowed to dislike paying for something that does nothing for mtb besides lower attendance and cost competitors too much money? Same reason iron furnace is a mass race now and pt peter is nys. I raced and love the h2h series but to say it’s thriving compared to even 6 years ago…well it’s not like USAC is helping it.

@jShort @Stef @Kirt . I’m not really intending to come off as negative but I will speak what I feel if something comes up that affects me. Personally I wouldn’t even have a problem with the whole usac thing if they just made each class raceable with a 1 day pass. In no way does requiring a season pass help anyone that wants to do one race or maybe is from out of town and can’t make all the events. I am racing a couple this year ONLY because I already have the license from nats. If I didn’tbit would financially just make more sense to race the mass races. Let’s hear it…”but it’s only $130., you pay more than that for cable tv”.

@jShort @Stef @Kirt . I’m not really intending to come off as negative but I will speak what I feel if something comes up that affects me. Personally I wouldn’t even have a problem with the whole usac thing if they just made each class raceable with a 1 day pass. In no way does requiring a season pass help anyone that wants to do one race or maybe is from out of town and can’t make all the events. I am racing a couple this year ONLY because I already have the license from nats. If I didn’tbit would financially just make more sense to race the mass races. Let’s hear it…”but it’s only $130., you pay more than that for cable tv”.
I have no problem with USAC.

I have no problem with those that don’t like and don’t want to support USAC.

I end up racing USAC races and buy a license to do that. It’s not very controversial IMO, but that’s just me.

I have no problem with USAC.

I have no problem with those that don’t like and don’t want to support USAC.

I end up racing USAC races and buy a license to do that. It’s not very controversial IMO, but that’s just me.
You’re right. I don’t think isac does anything for mtb. It’s more h2h forcing the annual membership to race one race.

You’re right. I don’t think isac does anything for mtb. It’s more h2h forcing the annual membership to race one race.
You only need an annual license if you race pro. Otherwise it’s a one day license. No one forces you to buy annual

Friendly FYI....NICA student racers get a USAC License as part of the partnership between USAC and NICA. From the USAC website:

• An ongoing commitment to providing free USA Cycling Junior memberships, and discounted Family memberships, for league student-athletes to reduce barriers and encourage participation at more local events.

Honestly, the USAC thing pushed me to race the MASS series and I don't think I've done an H2H race since probably , 2014? I have no reason for a USAC license.

You only need an annual license if you race pro. Otherwise it’s a one day license. No one forces you to buy annual
I guess they changed it because I was told endurance required the annual as well. I race the open class so it does affect me.

0984541A-7417-40D3-8D34-EE352D8A0A6C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom