WTF!!! Who's trashing the place?

MikeP

Atleast 3 bridges have been cut in the last two weeks. These bridges were used by bikers and hikers alike. Of course they were built by us. I just can't understand why some douche bag has to destroy trail improvements that benefit everyone. So pissed :mad:

was there approval from land management for these bridges? If so were they a jorba approved? If they answer is no then you start from the top and work your way down to a DB...

looking through the past posts for this park it looks like there is some sort of tom foolery going on in this park...

Perhaps you guys should try putting up a sign that explains the benefits and purpose of these items. Install a 4x4" with an acrylic face plate that covers this info. Hikers and/or kids may see it differently. To them, maybe it looks like a bunch of kids messing up the woods.

was there approval from land management for these bridges? If so were they a jorba approved? If they answer is no then you start from the top and work your way down to a DB...
not approved, they were basically walkways so you didn't have walk/ride through always wet/muddy areas....these aren't "elavated features" that are in other places thru out Ceres. Just doesn't make sense to me......it's amazing how much in general mtn bikers are disliked by others.

Last edited:
Perhaps you guys should try putting up a sign that explains the benefits and purpose of these items. Install a 4x4" with an acrylic face plate that covers this info. Hikers and/or kids may see it differently. To them, maybe it looks like a bunch of kids messing up the woods.

I see your point, but these basically were 2 walkways over always wet areas. I could almost understand people messing with other "features" as they may deemed dangerous. Hell, this was more handicap ramp than anything else

all though i havent seen the destruction yet, im guessing it is on the golf course property since that is the area where the rider got hurt

all though i havent seen the destruction yet, im guessing it is on the golf course property since that is the area where the rider got hurt
yeah I heard there were people looking at the crash site, probably golf course peeps.

rider got hurt?

yeah somebody took a header off that wood ladder that seperates the roller coster trail and that sketchy a-frame up high on the golf course then walked out on the course an got an amublance from there, which screwed up alot of golfers day and pissed off the superintendent

yeah somebody took a header off that wood ladder that seperates the roller coster trail and that sketchy a-frame up high on the golf course then walked out on the course an got an amublance from there, which screwed up alot of golfers day and pissed off the superintendent

Wow.
Your asking why a bridge was destroyed that was built unauthorized on private proverty(golf course).
The person that got hurt will do more than screw up some golfers round...he'll sue the landowner for everything he can get.

Would you allow the public in your back yard and allow them to throw up some shitty trail features to ride on knowing that when they got hurt it would be your fault$$$.

Wow.
Your asking why a bridge was destroyed that was built unauthorized on private proverty(golf course).
The person that got hurt will do more than screw up some golfers round...he'll sue the landowner for everything he can get.

Would you allow the public in your back yard and allow them to throw up some shitty trail features to ride on knowing that when they got hurt it would be your fault$$$.

STOP THE PRESSES

this is merely conjecture that a golfer/golf course did this. first i am really pissed at whom ever did this as i had hoped to mtb at cered this thanksgiving holiday

the big bridge commodore barry is next to high way 55. they are several smaller ramps that go near the golf course. i myself mtbed next to a golf course today in another part of the state (hi mtn).

i still may mtb ceres next week. this is the place that had the booby trap last year.

at this point i probably just pass through ceres and head over towards gcc and maybe ccc. or just head on tarmac over to riverwinds

either way its criminal that so much was destroyed, if a portion of the bike loop was out of park boundaries it certainly could have been re-routed:cry:

Wow.

the main elevated bridge is really not that close to the golf course, don't think it's on their property. The other elevated features are def golf course property.

Wow.

no im asking why they destroyed so much then just left it piled up and to cause more problems..but since you sound so informed on said "SHITTY" features i would love to hear why these needed to be cut down when they provided access to the park for vistors(which have gave thanks to the builders for doing so) which may not otherwise been able to, not to mention the reduction in erosion due to said bridges keeping vistors of the park out of the warter(which i have been told contains high levels of metals and other contaminates) an off the banks to stop it from further widening...but thanks again for pointing out the obvious an helping us understand what the rider may do in his time of crisis

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions