Wtb Guide brakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Maybe one of you has a set of take offs they would like to unload? Looking for a nice upgrade

i do, but i just picked up an additional bike which has avid bb7s(i think) on it, and they are horrible!

I've got a pair of GuideR brakes (take-offs, minimal use), and I happen to like BB7s (especially if they happen to have the speed dial knobs). Would you consider a swap? I'm close, too -- in North Plainfield.

not even close to good hydro. did you ever try to rebuild them? I got sand inside, disposed them after that
Never needed to rebuild them, and sure hydro is better, but they're still so good when you do a really good job aligning and adjusting them with a business card. And cheap if you are building a budget bike.

Reactions: w_b
Never needed to rebuild them, and sure hydro is better, but they're still so good when you do a really good job aligning and adjusting them with a business card. And cheap if you are building a budget bike.
Ok, @mattybfat

I have a guide rsc that came off a medium HT (ie, relatively short line). Let me know if interested

It's a bit of a long shot, but you never know.

I don't have a pair of Guide brakes, but I may be able to guide you towards a brand new (still in box) XT brakes that I have. See what I did there????

Shimano XT M8000 Brakes
Paid $89.99 per side. Will give offer them up for $80.00 per side

Wow, thats a good'un.^^^

Agree on the BB7s; man mine were cheap and still rock.

glwp

plan is currently to trade the BB7s for a set of guides tomorrow morning, thanks for the responses guys, will post up when the transaction is completed.

I would of traded a pile of shitty hydros including original hayes from the 90s for those bb7s.

this cracks me up -

my level TL decided to stb today. cooling them with cold water would bring them back to life for 10-15 minutes.
hopes
hopes
hopes......

not even close to good hydro. did you ever try to rebuild them? I got sand inside, disposed them after that
Maybe, but I ride year-around, and I've never had my brakes freeze, require a bleed, or need to be rebuilt. I just replace the pads when worn, and they seem to stop me fine, even on my relatively heavy fatbike.

Maybe, but I ride year-around, and I've never had my brakes freeze, require a bleed, or need to be rebuilt. I just replace the pads when worn, and they seem to stop me fine, even on my relatively heavy fatbike.
btw i had bb7 cables completely frozen on my road bike - that was scary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom