Worth the ride from South Jersey?

RyeRey521

Hey guys, as the title states. Is this ride worth the ride from Voorhees NJ. What are the trails like for a SS 29er. Its a straight ride up 295 for me but like 45 minutes... Wondering if this would be a good place to add to the weekend rotation. Thanks a lot.

Not sure about Mercer, but Six Mile is supposed to be SS 29er perfect. Trying to get there... but swim season is starting.

I enjoy Mercer, you can easily get a 10-14 mile loop out of it. Mostly flat, few short short short hills, very rooty, twisty singletrack etc.

its worth the drive up at least once to see if its a fun place for you. I will be there tomorrow 7:30am if you are interested.

How is it that Mercer isnt in the trail directory??

Ive only ridden Mercer once, but remember it being flat and rooty. Six Mile may have a bit more elevation, and if you do the full loop will probably get you more miles/time in saddle compared to Mercer.

What about Clayton and Allaire?

Havent been to clayton yet, and allaire is just as far and more annoying to get to. I just got into mtbing so im new to all the trails.

45 min isn't really that far to drive to at least see if you like a trail. Everyones description of the trails so far is pretty accurate. Rooty might be a understatement at times. I would probably hop on a ride with someone who knows the place though. It can be a little confusing at first. Its about an hour for me but I make it out there once or twice a year just to mix things up.

I enjoy Mercer, you can easily get a 10-14 mile loop out of it. Mostly flat, few short short short hills, very rooty, twisty singletrack etc.

its worth the drive up at least once to see if its a fun place for you. I will be there tomorrow 7:30am if you are interested.

that or 9:30 tomorrow Marina parking lot...we'll be doing the grand tour at a good clip.....

North

I live in Vineland and it takes me about 1hr and 10min to get to Mercer. I have it pretty good that my girl lives 5min away. You guys do have to go to Six Mile. I go whenever I can, it's a real neat place to ride. Not alot of going up, but it flows. There is alot more just a little further.

You can actually get the same amount of mileage at Mercer as Six Mile Run if you ride it all. I can get 15-16 miles easily. There lots of ways to alternate the route as well...

Something better

Mercer is alot like were they are coming from and also flat. Six Mile, Allaire, Nockamixon, Neshaminy and the others in or around up there have more to offer for there drive. Like Nockamixon you can go down the road and do High Rocks or Neshaminy and go do Core Creek. These places are not flat and have more things to ride on. By no means I'm not knocking Mercer it is a fun place but for there drive time there is other places that are not like home. Get out of the box. Just my 2 cents..............

Take a ride

Lived in south jeresy all my life, got to get out of the sand. I'm not the best at mt biking but have a S.I.R. 9 set up ss and I can do all the places that I posted with it. Down in s jeresy there is no rocks or up hills or down or skinnys take a ride and enjoy things like these. Meet people from these places and have a good time. Oh and drink beer when you are done.

Nockamixon or Six Mile

Go to Nocks or Six there is a good bit in both, Jdog is the shit with his woodwork and Nocks is cool to.

Wow... thanks for all the input.. The bike was parked all weekend when I found out the previous owner had the wrong crown race for the CK NoThreadset. He was riding with front suspension before he sold it to me with the original rigid fork... Gotta figure he just never figured to change it when he swaped forks.. I will deffinatly make a point to check all of them out, but yea I'll have to see if some of you guys are willing to show the new guy around so I get the most out of my trips up there...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions