Windham Mountain Bike Park Opens July 3rd

Chris DeSanctis

I haven't seen any threads on this so I thought I would start one. Windham has hired Gravity Logic to build 2 new flow trails with lift access. This is the same company that built the Whistler and Park City Bike Parks and they plan to build out the rest of the resort over the next 3 years. They have the cross country trails and the Citizens and World Cup DH trails to ride as well. The new flow trails can be ridden with a hard tail or a full blown DH rig and are a ton of fun.

The plan is to really appeal to the all mountain rider and not just a DH crowd. There will be a skills area and pump track at the base as well as the Children's Learning Center (full blown daycare center). I work as the head mogul coach there in the winter and got tapped to be the lead mountain bike instructor starting next week end and I could not be more excited. The over all goal is to build out trails and make the resort an East Coast Riding Hub.

We were given a clinic by Kathi Krause (3X WC DH Champ) and the flow trails were like a hot wheels track life size. Some of the berms were 10 ft high with a 45 degree angle so you can just rail through the turns. All the hits are rollable and were designed with safety in mind. The fun factor is off the scale and they will be building more trails over the next several years. The mountain has also helped in the local riding community to help develop the cross country scene as well. They have been developing a network of trails just a mile outside of town in an area called Elm Ridge. Trails crews have been busy there as well adding to 20+ miles of sweet single track. They are on their way to giving the Kingdom Trails a run for their money and should soon surpass them.

Check out the website...http://www.windhammountain.com/summer/mountain-bike-park

I should be there most weekends until they close in September so look me up if you get up there.

Chris D.

Very exciting news. Always good to have options.

Website looks like an afterthought right now with barely any info. I don't see any DH trail maps and the links aren't working.

Chris, I'm assuming it's not even worth checking out yet unless you're a total novice?

Back
Top Bottom