Wildcat Ridge WMA Conditions

Ugh, hunting season. After seeing signs of hunters in Mine Hill and Wildcat (yeah, I know, we're supposed to ride on Sundays only there in hunting season), I did Liffy Island area today.

Anyone know of anything down over on the south side of GPR? The Way and Ore Deal?
It’s there. It is on Trailforks. I took it up once from behind the building on School Rd. That definitely seemed like the wrong choice. It’s challenging. I never tried it the other way, but imagine it’s still challenging that way too - coming from Snake hill road.
IMG_0648.png

It’s there. It is on Trailforks. I took it up once from behind the building on School Rd. That definitely seemed like the wrong choice. It’s challenging. I never tried it the other way, but imagine it’s still challenging that way too - coming from Snake hill road.
View attachment 225894
I believe he was just asking if there are any down trees on those trails.....not if they exist

View attachment 225894

He was asking about trees down or similar tm issues. Considering he lives right there and can help out with maintenance

View attachment 225894
But yes, both directions are tough climbs.

Ugh, hunting season. After seeing signs of hunters in Mine Hill and Wildcat (yeah, I know, we're supposed to ride on Sundays only there in hunting season), I did Liffy Island area today.
I see trucks parked on Meriden near the Beach Glen Trail and also the Righter Mine / Koehler Trails. Yes Sundays, otherwise if your traveling through, after 10am, before 3pm, after 6:30pm ( clocks change soon)

On the Telemark side:

Monga and I cleared downed trees from shotgun and the big tree canopy that was down on Girlscout Cookies. Also leaf blew the deep stuff on Iron Spirit cliff side section.

Not technically Wildcat but cleaned up the “low line” (trailforks name) trail on the west side of Telemark AKA “Mildcat”.

With this trail cleaned up it’s now possible to do a full loop on that side without doubling back on trails from either the Lake Ames lot or Hudsonia fields lots.

Lowline goes from the end of Girlscout Cookies just before it turns downhill to the river to the bottom of Evergreen.

Enjoy….

Attachments

• IMG_1485.png
    IMG_1485.png
    221.5 KB · Views: 55
Not technically Wildcat but cleaned up the “low line” (trailforks name) trail on the west side of Telemark AKA “Mildcat”.

With this trail cleaned up it’s now possible to do a full loop on that side without doubling back on trails from either the Lake Ames lot or Hudsonia fields lots.

Lowline goes from the end of Girlscout Cookies just before it turns downhill to the river to the bottom of Evergreen.

Enjoy….
Thank you! I do that Telemark side loop pretty regularly and Low Line is always a cluster. I either lose the trail or there are trees down

Thank you! I do that Telemark side loop pretty regularly and Low Line is always a cluster. I either lose the trail or there are trees down
Yeah honestly I couldn’t find where it actually joined into Girlscout Cookies So I cut in a new trail head. Lots of deadfall in that area.

On the Telemark side:

Monga and I cleared downed trees from shotgun and the big tree canopy that was down on Girlscout Cookies. Also leaf blew the deep stuff on Iron Spirit cliff side section.
Where is girlscout cookies? I can't find it on trailforks. thx.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions