Wildcat Epic 8/11,8/12

bigW

Any feedback on this race? ( the 2x50 option )

Some strange wording on their website about keeping riders in a single group, not sure how that works in a race.

Unlikely I would survive back to back 50 mile MTB days unless there is a lot of fire road. But as I'm sitting on my ass eating junk food at the moment and unlikely to ride in the next two weeks I thought just asking the question was progress of a sort...

i'm doing 100miler
the goal is not to win,but rather finishing without hurting any of my body parts.
also hasn't been able to ride as mucho as i wanted.been 3week no riding.onlycouple days of bike commuting.i can see myself suffering and prob finishing in 12+hrs:D

but..the real reason is to get my money worth for every miles riding in that beautifull park.

This is an awesome and very unique race, in an amazing location. It's worth the money. Mostly fast forest roads on the first day with a couple big climbs. The views are insane. Road tactics (drafting, pacelining, working together etc)play a major role in the racing on both days.
Day 2 has long sections of fast rail trail, but also more ST & DT, including the Williams Lake race loop. Neither day is particularly hard by endurance race standards...if I recall my times were in the 3:40 and 3:20 range respectively.
I've done it the last 2 years, but can't make it this year because it falls on the same day as Rattling Creek, which I need to do for the MASS endurance series.

Last edited:
wc 50

As of right now im in for the WC 50 on Sat...Will be my second endurance type race soo just going to have fun with it

being my birthday is 8.12 i wanted to pick an event to do, cash flow problem this year, so i am looking at 25 miles for 45 dollar. i met the promoter at uci windham this year. he is south african like my bro-in law, seem this like a straight up guy. may look into his gunks fondo race too. penn fondo day of this event appears cancelled:popcorn:

Good to see some discussion on the race! We are getting really excited about the event as it is only 11 days away!

Wildcat Epic Events is excited to present the third annual Wildcat Epic Bike Race the weekend of August 11-12, 2012 in the picturesque Shawangunk Mountains in New Paltz, NY!

Check out the new 2012 Race website!
http://www.wildcatepicevents.com/home-0-0/

This year we are bringing back the original Wildcat Epic Bike Race as well as three new course options! Competitors can choose from:

Wildcat 100 (WC 100) - The only 100 mile course in New York State! This race is also a candidate race for the 2013 National Ultra Endurance Series. The race will start at 6:45am on Sunday August 12th.

Wildcat Epic (WC Epic) - Ride two different 50 mile courses on Saturday and Sunday for a total of 100 miles for the weekend. The 50 mile course will start at 8am on Saturday and Sunday.

Wildcat 50 (WC 50) - Ride the 50 mile Saturday course of the Wildcat Epic. The race will start at 8am on Saturday August 11th.

Wildcat 25 (WC 25) - A 25 mile course. The race will start at 10am on Saturday August 11th.

Each day competitors will be treated to a remarkable racecourse, fully stocked aid stations, post-race BBQ and beer Saturday and Sunday, and great hospitality. The Wildcat Epic Bike Race is fun for the whole family, so bring your loved ones and make a weekend of it!

Become a fan of our Facebook page and follow our blog for race updates and pre-ride information. We are in the process of planning a pre-ride for this Saturday, August 4th.
Facebook -->https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wildcat-Epic-Events/119249454822081
Blog -->http://www.wildcatepicevents.com/blog/

The only tech is at Williams Lake and one tech move on the Larsen Loop. You could prob do the entire course on a cross bike-lots of dirt railtrail, dirt carriage trails, some paved and some single

my big accomplishement was..
conquering my hunger by not picking apple.(the trails run thru orchard)
i was so close..almost trying to reach my hand out.
but.. my good spirit kill the bad one.:)

great time and great trails and awesome views

so..i finished my first 100mile race.
happy with my finishing time.

thank you gunther and all of your crews.
i can imagine how hard it is to build and design the race course
without your crews and volunteer.and for that..i took my helmet up and salute you
guys.

liong

I would have liked to do this, but falling between the DH40 and the Hampshire 100 I wanted the weekend off.

Maybe it will make it onto my schedule next year.

Back
Top Bottom