Who WASN'T at allaire today???

First Post!

Alright, you guys got me to register. Don't believe the hype, I really do know how to ride. Yep, it was a rough day for me but I had fun seeing everybody out on their bikes. It was my lightning quick reflexes that kept me from falling in the river and downhillers have rubber bones so no broken collar bone.

I guess I hit the wall this Sunday by just doing too much the past 3 weeks. Getting a Rockstar, MetRx bar and Reeses peanut butter cup with Jim at the Getty station after the ride probably didn't help much. I need to eat some real food. It was fun seeing everyone, hope to see you all next weekend.

It was my lightning quick reflexes that kept me from falling in the river and downhillers have rubber bones so no broken collar bone.

Good news about the bones bro.....hope to see ya out there again soon. Nice first post too. And no doubt that Sean can ride....seen him ride the most gnarly crap ever. Welcome to the site. :)

Everyone has days like that...you biff once then before you know it you are dangling over the river about to get wet wondering why you got out of bed that day. I went over my bars at least twice that ride. I blame frank for going too slow, and ummmm....my loose headset.

Good to hear you didnt break anything =)

was at allaire too

awesome to see so many there. I was with my cousin and my fiance and hadn't been therre since the last race they had there. When my cousin pulled into the parking lot he said he felt like he was late for a race. I slammed my kneecap into a tree while riding, never did that before, didn't see the tree, heard the sound, felt the pain, and figured it out from there. It's all good though just kept riding.

Great ride at Allaire

Sean, you weren't the only one who almost ended up doing "The accidental biathlon". I clipped a tree with my shoulder and was a hair's-breadth away from the edge too. Oh,.. and when you fell, sorry the first words out of my mouth were not "are you OK?" but I had not felt a thump thru the ground like that since the last time I took incoming mortars. Glad to hear you are OK. This weekend looks good, high temps. of 32-23-&31 for Sat, Sun, and Mon. So Allaire IS the place to be, thanks to ATUG and its Grand Poohbah Frank. See ya in the woods where it is 20 degrees warmer.....or so I'm told.

Looking at that picture in the 1st post I can't help but think of that scene in "Anchorman" where all the different news channel anchors have a rumble. Hey Frank, how are you at throwing a Trident?:p

I led a group from Union County the day before that hadn't been there since the mid 90's sandpit days, now I'm their new best friend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom