Who do you use for internet and TV?

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
My Optimum bill was ridiculous before, now it just wen up another $45.

No other cable co in Metuchen. Anyone use Direct TV Stream? I really want to be able to tell Optimum to fuck off (so they can send me some new great deals to come back)

What about internet?

Been a cord cutter since I left my parent's house 5 years ago, Verizon for internet...100 up/down $55 a month and has been that price for 3 years now.

Probably could save $15 by switching to Comcast (we're lucky we live in an area with both) but it's too much of a hassle to bother.

I switched to Verizon Fios after 10+ years of hell with Optimum.

My parents said their Optimum bill recently went down as they think Optimum is losing a lot of customers who are cutting the cord, or are switching carriers. Funny that my 80 year old parents now more than me about Fire Sticks and cord-cutting strategies.

I think you have to talk to the Optimum people in the Retention department. They seem to be the only ones at Optimum who can cut you a deal before losing you as a customer.

I switched to Verizon Fios after 10+ years of hell with Optimum.

My parents said their Optimum bill recently went down as they think Optimum is losing a lot of customers who are cutting the cord, or are switching carriers. Funny that my 80 year old parents now more than me about Fire Sticks and cord-cutting strategies.

I think you have to talk to the Optimum people in the Retention department. They seem to be the only ones at Optimum who can cut you a deal before losing you as a customer.
I called today, but not sure if it was the retention dept. They offered a $5/mo credit, but said I could try calling back next month.

I'd switch to Verizon if it were available. Optimum has a monopoly in Metuchen.

I think Verizon offers 5g Hotspots you could look into that option instead.

I'm not other help since we have fios triple play with gigabit for 115/month

I think Verizon offers 5g Hotspots you could look into that option instead.

Not sure if this is full public release yet.

I'm in an Xfinity territory with fios available. I should call. It is expensive.
Triple play but never hooked up the phone - 170/mo - just about all the channels.
They include a netflix, and a bunch of other apps, so gotta watch ya don't duplicate.
I also incrementally pay the neflix upgrade for 2 screens.

Not sure if this is full public release yet.

I'm in an Xfinity territory with fios available. I should call. It is expensive.
Triple play but never hooked up the phone - 170/mo - just about all the channels.
They include a netflix, and a bunch of other apps, so gotta watch ya don't duplicate.
I also incrementally pay the neflix upgrade for 2 screens.
My Optimum triple play has just grown to $323/mo. Freakin nuts.

I have 10 months left with Fios, paying $225 for their triple play. I'll not be renewing as their TV service has become bloated and incredibly slow. That, coupled with less than compelling offerings across their lineup will make this an easy decision. Streaming services aren't safe from my wrath either, lol. Netflix has been meh at best as of late.

Get a Verizon mini pod. Or get a google fi pixel 6 unlimited and leave the phone on as a permanent hotspot.$323 is rape
But can you run a whole house on that? My router says I have 16 devices running thru wifi right now and my wife isn't working and my son is back at school.

It seems like everything is turning into Optimum these days as they buy up other providers.
And in most places, you don’t even have other options.
Noticed Verizon guys running FIOS lines when I was walking the dog- maybe I’ll have a choice soon.

Western Hunterdon County we only have Service Electric TV out of PA, that uses PenTeleData for internet. Full Cable + 25Mbs-download/5Mbs-upload is $140/mo. We may have to pay the +$30/mo to get 100down/10up. Keep in mind, in 2005 we were the last area to only have dialup…

I pay 35 for optimum I call back every year to speak to retention to keep it that way.

We also pay for
Netflix
Prime
Disney

And have a shared
HBO
Peacock
And something else

Due to region available I use a VPN to capture most of the things I want as well as a pihole to avoid adds and pirate everything else, and tbh pirating is far more convenient might drop the apps.

Fios
200/200 $75 but they bumped me to 300/200 for some reason
Stream everything else
FuboTV with Sports and DVR is $80 a month

Nicely done.

I'm paying $55 for FIOS internet and a few subs on top of that (netflix, HBO, etc). Been that way for almost 5 years now and I don't miss cable at all. I'm not a sports guy, so the biggest cord cutting complaint isn't an issue to me.

Back
Top Bottom