Where are you riding tomorrow morning (10/17/15)?

If we keep this one thread and add on, it'll be hard to manage/maintain. My question is this. Should I start a new thread every Monday. Something like: Ad Hoc Ride Thread for the week of 11/13/23?
Yes.

How about a ride calendar that people can add to? Simple…Time, location, pace or other things people should know. Calendar embedded into a thread where the first post is the calendar. Then the thread can be all the banter that will go on for years to come, but people don’t actually need to read through any of it to see what’s happening since it’s on the calendar.

How about a ride calendar that people can add to? Simple…Time, location, pace or other things people should know. Calendar embedded into a thread where the first post is the calendar. Then the thread can be all the banter that will go in for years to come, and people don’t actually need to read through any of it to see what’s happening since it’s on the calendar.

I'll check if there is a calendar extension for the forum s/w.

You may have just won the internet for the day.

How about a ride calendar that people can add to? Simple…Time, location, pace or other things people should know. Calendar embedded into a thread where the first post is the calendar. Then the thread can be all the banter that will go on for years to come, but people don’t actually need to read through any of it to see what’s happening since it’s on the calendar.

This is a great idea but it's not something I would assume can work. Let's see what Pat comes back with.

I've worked with the author on a few xenforo issues, so i'm confident it works, but the paradigm is that a thread drives an event, vs events are talked about in 1 thread.

I've worked with the author on a few xenforo issues, so i'm confident it works, but the paradigm is that a thread drives an event, vs events are talked about in 1 thread.

@AndyB (yes he has an account here) indicated that the events are created per thread - and multiple events can't be sourced from one thread (at the moment)
I'm going to bet he wakes up today, and had an ah-ha moment, and i'll get a message that he added an option to source an event from a post rather than a thread......

in other news, there is a calendar add-on that sources a google calendar - but it doesn't have a create event that is controlled by a xenforo interface.
It is a free, but unmaintained, addon.

@AndyB (yes he has an account here) indicated that the events are created per thread - and multiple events can't be sourced from one thread (at the moment)
I'm going to bet he wakes up today, and had an ah-ha moment, and i'll get a message that he added an option to source an event from a post rather than a thread......

in other news, there is a calendar add-on that sources a google calendar - but it doesn't have a create event that is controlled by a xenforo interface.
It is a free, but unmaintained, addon.
If you say so

Not tomorrow, but the next day... I'm off Monday, and plan to go somewhere after putting the girls on the bus at 8...

Not tomorrow, but the next day... I'm off Monday, and plan to go somewhere after putting the girls on the bus at 8...
Post teacher conference mental health day? If so, I feel that. ❤️

Post teacher conference mental health day? If so, I feel that. ❤️
Haha, actually we are camping this week due to teacher conferences... So I guess yea you are right one extra day after for mental health

6-Mile conditions seem primo right now and unlikely to last. Plan to hit it around 9:30-10am tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom