When in doubt...call support...

BiknBen

In the last few weeks I've had some issues with products that I've purchased. Simply calling customer support has resulted in a positive outcome.

I got two new blinkie lights from Blackburn. Actually, a free upgrade.

I'm getting new bar mounts for my NiteRider light.

and I'll be getting a replacement for my HelmetCam (2nd time :hmmm:).

Customer support is sometimes hit or miss and is dependent on the company you are dealing with. Before I bash a company for poor product...I give them the opportunity to make it right. More often then not that leads to a positive outcome.

Word

Literally 30 seconds ago I got off the phone with Garmin.

I went through three of those handlebar mounts for the 705 with the flimsy tab that keeps breaking off.

They are sending me 2 new kits no charge.

Word

Literally 30 seconds ago I got off the phone with Garmin.

I went through three of those handlebar mounts for the 705 with the flimsy tab that keeps breaking off.

They are sending me 2 new kits no charge.

Wow, i just broke mine... i guess I should call them.. I wasnt looking forward to having to buy another one.

And to Ben's point, companies (specifically in the consumer retail world) are getting keen on what keeps customers around. Retail is such a tough and competitive business that if you give them an opportunity, usually they will come through.
Bad support is a sign of a poorly run company.

Last edited:
I just took my gloves that had fallen apart after a season of riding back to Campmour and they replaced them free of charge.

Where did u pick them up at? Mine broke also & wanted a couple of extra's.

+1 for Ilya !!!...

Just call and say you snapped it.
I just got off the phone and they are sending me 2 for free. It may have helped (not sure if it was necessary) that I had ordered a second mount a few months ago and they saw it in my customer history.

It was about a 10 minute hold time. Zero push back from the rep BTW.

Amazon has them for $9.77 each. My wife signed up for a trial Prime membership so 2 day shipping is free. If the call to Garmin does not work out I'll order from Amazon.

Amazon has them for $9.77 each. My wife signed up for a trial Prime membership so 2 day shipping is free. If the call to Garmin does not work out I'll order from Amazon.

ebay has a bunch too. Order some from a place in NY via ebay.

I just had a good customer service experience with Light and Motion. Had an issue with a light and got a hold of them and had a new light shortly. They prefer to communication via email, which equals alittle lag in contacting them, but the situation was resolved quickly after that.

Last edited:
And to Ben's point, companies (specifically in the consumer retail world) are getting keen on what keeps customers around.

They aren't to popular on this site but McDonald's did a study on this in the early to mid ninties...One disappointed customer tells 10-15 people of their experience

They aren't to popular on this site but McDonald's did a study on this in the early to mid ninties...One disappointed customer tells 10-15 people of their experience

how many does a happy/satisfied customer tell?

I e-mail blackburn nearly a week ago about my 2 broken lights and pump that wont pump past 20psi.. Still no response:hmmm:

I e-mail blackburn nearly a week ago about my 2 broken lights and pump that wont pump past 20psi.. Still no response:hmmm:

I CALLED Blackburn and the issue was taken care of promptly. Every company is different. If you can get a person on the phone, that is the fastest route. Not all companies make the CS phone number public. Then you have to try alternate methods.

You need to call I have said before they are the best in CS but you need to call and they will take care of you no questions asked...

Blackburn will never reply to an email, but they will answer the phone.

Hmmm, guess that's a reply from a disappointed customer turned satisfied...

Back
Top Bottom